Home Tags Posts tagged with "Medical Supplies"
Arthritis is said to be the most common form of disability. But what exactly is arthritis? Well, it’s not just one thing. Arthritis, as a term, encompasses more than 100 medical conditions including back pain, carpal tunnel syndrom, fibromyalgia, gout and lyme disease. The common thread is that all these conditions affect your joints.
Although the most common form of arthritis, osteoarthritis, is prevalent in people over 60, arthritis can start as early as infancy. Tens of millions of adults and hundreds of thousands of children in the U.S. have it.
So, that said, what can you do to ease your pain, joint stiffness and inflmmation? The common theme seems to be warmth, although many swear by glucosamine.
Allegro’s Top 10 Arthritis Products
1. Arthritis Gloves – 4.5 out of 5 stars! Designed to provide mild compression, warmth and increased circulation, this special gloves help relieve aches and pains from arthritis in your hands. Wear them all day and night if you like. Good for cold hands, hand fatigue or other types of hand and wrist pain too.
See All Arthritis Gloves and Hand Warmers.
2. Light Relief Light Therapy - A topical heating device that uses infrared light to create warmth. It’s totally silent and it helps increase circulation and relieve pain and stiffness wherever and whenever you need it. My 95-yr old grammy swears by it. Comes with a money-back guarantee and a 2-year warranty. Oh, and a travel case too.
3. Spa-N-A-Box Portable Spa – How about having a whirlpool spa right in your home? Or on your patio, deck, back yard, or boat? This spa sets up in 20 minutes and provides, you guessed it, warmth for sore joints and chronic pain. Soothe your whole body at a fraction of a cost of other units. Psssst. It’s fun too! See also our new AromaSteam Portable Steam Sauna.
4. Kneed-It Therapeutic Knee Guard - Scientifically designed to relieve minor knee pain associated with arthritis, tendonitis and chondromalacia by placing placing pressure, concentrated compression and warmth across the soft tissue in front of the knee.
See All Knee Straps and Wraps.
5. Flexall 454 Maximum Strength Pain Relieving Gel – One of our customers says he would “have trouble without this product” . Ideal for long-lasting relief of arthritis pain, mustcle strains, sprains, bursitis and tendonitis.
6. Paraffin Bath – Professional Grade Warm Bath Spa - I love using this product. It’s like having a professional spa manicure and pedicure at home. Plus it relieves arthritis pain and stiffness in your hands, feet and elbows. Why? Because paraffin wax has a very high heat capacity and when it coats your limbs, it transfers that heat to you. Pure heaven. Here’s also the Paraffin Heat System.
7. Thermophore Arthritis Pad - It’s the moist heat pad that doctors recommend most. Produces intense moist heat without adding water. The new four-stage therapy switch provides optimum 20-minute treatments. Hands free!
8. Emercen-C Joint Health Formula – Nothing loosens my joints better than glucosamine with chondroitin. I don’t know how it works, but it makes me feel loose as a goose. Without it, I crump up… quick. Stiff back, knees and fingers… My doc says I must have some arthritis in there. Try it for a week and see. See All Glucosamine Products.
9. Biofreeze Roll-On 3 oz. – Squirt it on, right where you need it. Fast relief for arthritis, neck pain, back pain, sore muscles and more. 3 oz roll-on is perfect for travel or the office.
See All Biofreeze Products.
10. Salonpas Pain Relieving Patch - Apply a patch to your neck or shoulders for temporary relief of stiffness and tightness. The active ingredients quickly penetrate into your bloodstream to provide spot on, effective pain relief.
See All Arthritis Products.
So you see, warmth really seems to be the key to loosening those joints and to make you move and feel better. For more information, read “Arthritis Pain – Heat or Ice?”
From what I can tell by the repeat sales of our blood glucose testing supplies, people pretty much stick to the same meters and test strips, time after time. Hey, whatever works, right? So I won’t bore you with a listing of those, (but you should still check out our low, low prices). Instead, I’ll turn you on to some super buys on products you might have missed in the 267 diabetic products at AllegroMedical.com.
Boost Glucose Control (formerly Boost Diabetic) – This is our most popular diabetic product, it’s selling for 32% below list price, it will help manage your glucose levels, it’s ready to drink, made by Nestle and has an average customer rating of 5 out of 5 stars. May I take your order?
Comfy Feet Diabetic Crew Socks (pk. of 3) – Where else can you get 3 pairs of socks for 7 bucks? Besides these are the most comfortable socks you may ever wear, diabetic or otherwise. They’re such a good deal you can get one of every color.
AccelWell Travel Pouch – Keep your insulin cool and safe for up to 13 hours in 100 degree heat, plus keep all your supplies organized for travel. $14.95 but with mixed reviews. You might opt for the $19.95 Micro-Cooler instead. See all Accessories.
OneTouch Logbook - Use this little book to see how your meals and exercise impact your blood glucose over time. Stock up, they’re $1.95!
TriDERMA Intense Fast Healing Cream – I’m torn on this one because one customer says she wouldn’t recommend it to her worst enemy, but Harry from Milwaukee says that it works better than anything he’s ever used to heal foot and leg sores. Hey, the name says it’s intense! You decide… for $13.95 it might be worth a try. Or, check out the rest of our Skin Care Creams & Moisturizers.
Transportable Sharps Needle Disposal Container – 2 gallon – For $7.95 you can use this container for months. See more Sharps/Needle Disposal products.
Aetrex Worldwide Shoes & Sandals – Really neat ones, made for sensitive feet. 49 styles to choose from in regular, wide and extra-wide sizes – at the lowest prices on the web. Aetrex shoes are very popular and a great find for hard-to-fit feet. Highly recommended!
See more bargains in Test Strips, Control Solution, Diabetic Nutrition, Insulin Products, Lancets, Meters & Test Kits and Needles & Syringes.
If you’re buying your consumable diabetic supplies from Allegro, save both time and money and have them automatically sent to you on a convenient time schedule? See the Allegro Auto-ReOrder Program. It’s a piece of cake – sugar free, of course.
If you’re not buying your supplies from Allegro…shame on you. No seriously, if you’re not, PLEASE leave a comment below, tell me why and I’ll see what I can do about it.
I hope you have the best Christmas ever, ever, ever! And if you’re not celebrating Christmas, I hope today is still among your best.
We realize it’s been a tough year for a lot of people. Let’s all take a moment today to reflect on the good things - the things we can be thankful for even if times are rough. Whether it is having a warm place to sleep or plenty of food, a loving family or good health, it’s not hard to think of something to be grateful for.
At Allegro we count our loyal customers at the top of our many blessings. 2008 was our best year yet, and we have you to thank. You mean more to us than you could ever know.
We’re also grateful for the support and dedication of our employees who work so hard every day to make Allegro great. Their passion for helping people is reflected in everything they do.
Next year we’ll be taking everyone’s hard work to the next level. You’ll see more and different products on the site, new brands, exciting promotions and increased functionality in our processes and efficiencies. There’s much more in store.
In the meantime it would mean a lot to us if you continue to recommend Allegro to your friends and family, and as always, remember to check Allegro first for your medical supplies, fitness equipment, dietary supplements, maternity products… well, let’s just say that you should check here for just about everything. I’m always finding things on the site that I didn’t even know we carried!
I’ll end with a hearty Merry Christmas!! And THANKS again for your business. Now, before I go all boo hoo on you, get out of here and go buy something at AllegroMedical.com. Go’on, git.
Once you’ve taken the Steps to Winterize your Car, it is unlikely that you’ll experience a breakdown due to mechanical failure, but you never know what else might leave you stuck in your car. Millions of motorists are stranded each year because of bad weather, accidents, flat tires, getting stuck in the mud or snow, losing their keys and other unfortunate situations.
With a few basic items, though, you can not only survive, but be safe and comfortable while you wait to be rescued.
Basic Emergency Items
- Triple A (AAA) or other roadside assistance subscription & card
- Snowbrush and Ice Scraper
- Bag of Sand or kitty litter to help with traction on snow and ice
- Shovel for scraping snow away from the tires
- Winter clothes including a complete change of clothes, a scarf, hat, extra gloves and boots
- Duct Tape to fix a broken windshield, hold things together, pick up glass shards, mend hoses, serve as a gas cap, and a million other things
- Emergency Sign or brightly colored cloth to signal for help
- Bottled water to drink (or to use in cars that overheat or need battery water)
- And last but not least, a good book
Don’t go out in bad weather unless absolutely necessary and please know the weather report before you go out! A Winter Storm Watch means that winter storms are in your area. A Winter Storm Warnings means that storms are heading your way. A Blizzard Warning means all hell is about to break loose… er, i mean, strong winds and dangerous wind chills are expected.
Get your Emergency Car Kit together now. Be safe!
Here’s What to Do if You’re Stranded in your Car.
It would be great to know what you think we should add to the site.
For example, what specific medical supplies and brands do you buy from others that you can’t get at AllegroMedical.com? Give us the scoop on the latest greatest thing in catheters, diabetes supplies, fitness products, maternity, dietary supplements or pain relief. Reply below, or send me a private message at v (no space) paxton (at) allegro (no space) medical (dot) com.
Is there anything you buy somewhere else because you can get it cheaper there? Lay it on me. Everything. Anything. I’ll see what I can do.
Meanwhile, here’s one for ya: AllegroMedical.com is trying so hard to please everyone that we’re now selling Fractional Shares of the Illinois Senate Seat, courtesy of our very funny President & CEO, Craig Hood.
Out of town guests for the holidays? Face it, the last thing you need to worry about while entertaining is your niece sticking her barrette in the light socket, or the neighbor’s kid falling down the stairs or your boss’s little cutie pulling the bookshelf over on top of herself. Ahhhh….
Do yourself a favor this season and make your house ready for the pint-sized guests. There are so many great products to make your life easier when hosting (or raising) kids in your home.
Take a look at these lifesavers…
Outlet Plugs - Fit in any standard outlet and stops all barrettes and little fingers. Shocking…, but true. Along the same lines, you may consider a Power Strip Cover for your home office.
Adjustable “Keep Out of my Stuff” Straps - 24 of these might not be enough. Keeps little fingers from opening appliances, doors, diaries, boxes, everything!
Easy-Fit Plastic Gate - Keep ‘em in, Keep ‘em out. No hardware required. Super easy to install. Here’s one with a few more gizmos: Lift & Lock Security Gate.
Furniture Wall Straps – Use these super sturdy, easy to install canvas straps to secure your bureaus, book cases, shelf units, china cabinets and armoires to the wall. Please use these on ALL of your tall furniture! Kids have been severely injured, or worse, by pulling furniture over on top of themselves.
Medical Emergency Magnetic Memo Board for Children – Would you know what to do if a child in your home needed emergency medical attention? This could save a life. First aid and step-by-step instructions for CPR & choking. Makes a great gift for new moms.
Dim N’ Bright Auto Sensor Night Light - Set the level of brightness. Light the bedroom, hallway AND bathroom. That way, all of your guests - dim and bright alike – can navigate to the toitee safely. We also carry the Soothing Stars Nighlights.
3-in-1 Potty ‘N Step Stool – It’s the potty that turns into a step (and then late at night it transforms into an evil robot bent on world domination – but don’t tell the kids)… Anyway, they say it’s real comfortable. Pack of 2.
Railnet – This is mesh netting that keeps little people and animals from poking through railings. We sell it in a pack of 6, which means you get 60 feet of it, but you can use it on all of your railings, balconies and banisters – indoors and out.
Furniture Corner Cushions – Edge guards for sharp cornered tables, chairs and low shelves. Totally and completely required in a house with kids. We’ve all seen the ‘coffee table corner in the eye trick’ and it ain’t pretty. 24 in each order.
Tub Spout Cover – Avoid bonks to the bean with this soft inflatable tub spout cover. And get the water temperature just right with a Bath Pal Thermometer. For the wee ones spring for a Safety Infant Bathtub with built-in water temperature strip.
****Bonus Tip. Mom’s, Dads, Grandma’s, Grandpa’s, listen up. Our Easy Up Kneeler and Seat does double duty as a gardening stool AND a “save your knees while giving the kids a bath” stool! I’ve seen it in action and it’s totally awesome. Makes a great gift.
See all Safety 1st Products!
Thanks for buying all of your medical supplies and safety products from AllegroMedical.com. We appreciate your business a whole bunch.
Have a happy and safe holiday.
We just implemented a new blog system that lets you send us feedback and comments. Yeah!! I can’t wait to hear from you. Please feel free to share your comments, ideas, suggestions, recipes (I love recipes), whatever… at the end of the post in the “leave a reply” section. Try it now, even if you just say ‘hi’.
Next up… stocking stuffers for grown ups; making your home safe for older guests; easy ways to child-proof your home, and much more.
Now that we’re on a new system I plan to communicate more frequently, with shorter blurbs and blogs. I’ve been practicing writing shorter pieces. Sometimes I run too long… like, um… now. That said… I’ll let you go.
But first, thanks again for your business. Remember to gift mindfully and , hint…hint…use our holiday promotions to stock up on your medical supplies!
For many, this is a financially difficult holiday so I am proposing that we all gift “mindfully”. Pick gifts that your loved ones can really put to use – something that fits their lifestyle, ability, or hobby.
When they open it, it will be obvious that you had them in mind when you chose their special present. And your gift will be especially appreciated if it improves their health, comfort, independence or mobility.
So grab your list and see if you can fit each person into a category below. You’ll be well on your way to choosing the perfect gift.
Shop for everyone – fitness buffs, kids, skiers, snorers, active teens, diabetics, new mom’s, seniors, wheelchair users and more!
UpEasy Lifting Cushion
Card Player Card Holders
3-Wheel Drive Hawk Scooter
Car Caddie Helping Hand
Suction Cup Grab Bars
Folding Shopping Cart
Tek Pal Large Button TV Remote
Light Relief – Light Therapy
Teak Spa Shower Chair
Portable Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
See all Daily Living Aids
AccelWell Travel Pouch
Paraffin Heat System
Medi-Fridge Micro Fridge
Diabetic Crew Socks
Awesome Diabetic Shoes
See all Diabetic Supplies
Fitness Gurus & Athletes
X2 Vest Weighted Walking Vest – 12 lb
Lex Loops Exercise Band
Heart Rate Monitor
Complete Yoga Kit with Travel Bag
3300P Body Gym Elite Pilates Trainer
ProStretch Lower Leg Stretching System
Power Wheel II Core Trainer
Bodyblade Classic Kit Fitness Trainer
Doorway Pull Up Bar
Personal PowerBlock Dumbbell Set
iJoy Ride by Human Touch
Mini Stepper Exerciser
BOSU Sport Balance Trainer
See all Exercise/Fitness
Easi-Grip Gardening Set
Gardener’s Easy-Up Kneeler and Seat
Easi-Grip Long Reach Gardening Set
See all Yard Equipment
Power Swing Trainer Golf Gym
Superfeet Black Insoles for Golf Shoes
Bionic Golf Glove
Wobble Board Balance Trainer
Chillow Pillow Cooling Sensation Pillow
Cool Care Comfort System Chillow Pak
Indo Board Balance Board
TRIKKE T5 for Kids
Pink Lady Pedal Car
Police Pedal Car
Radio Flyer Little Red Scooter
See all Gifts for Kids
New Parents and Moms-to-Be
Bounce-a-Bye Baby Ball
InStep Quick N’ Ez Bike Trailer
Safari Jogging Stroller
Comfort Body Pillow
Magentic Safety Magnet – Emergency Memo Board‘
See all Maternity Care
Deep Kneading Rechargeable Hand Held Massager
Ultra Soft Plush Massaging Slippers for Women
Spacells Facial Sponge
HydraGel Infrared Massager
Alpaca Fur Fuzzy Slippers
Alpaca Fur Blanket
Alpaca Fur Pillow
Supracor St. Tropez Massage Sandals
iJoy 130 Robotic Massage Chair
Stimulite Bath Mitt
Stimulite Bath Pillow
Thermal Spa Bath Mat Massage Pad
Superfeet Berry Insoles for Women
Hand-Held Shower Massager
Soapy Soles Elite 3-in-1 Foot Care System
Spa Petite Personal Paraffin Wax Bath
Eye Pillow with ergoBeads
See all Pamper Products
Infrared Therapeutic Pet Bed
Canine Cooler Dog & Pet Bed
The Boyfriend Pillow
iJoy Board Electric Balance Trainer
Fitball Balance Disc
Indo Board Balance Board
Superfeet Performance Green Insoles
Superfeet Performance Green Insoles
Superfeet Wintergreen Insoles for Skiing, Snowboarding & Hiking
Wobble Board Balance Trainer
Peel-n-Stick Body Warmers
The Snore Wizard
Better Sleep Pillow – Side Sleeper
Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock w/Bed Shaker
Snore-No-More Anti Snoring Pillow
See all Snoring Products
Heart-Shaped Digital Picture Keychain
Sonic Boom Sweetheart Alarm Clock
Alpaca Fur Teddy Bear
Alpaca Fur Fuzzy Slippers
Alpaca Fur Blanke
Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock w/Bed Shaker
Doorway Pull Up Bar
Vew-Do Balance Board
Indo Board Balance Board
Personal Travel Toothbrush Sanitizer
Traveller Deluxe Neck Pillow
Aqua Bell Travel Weight ComboSet
Traveling Bed Rail
Portable Vibrating Travel Alarm Clock
Large Button TV Remote Control
Deluxe Framed Page Magnifier
Low Vision Watch
Jumbo Buttons Speakerphone
See all Low Vision Products
Wheelchair and Walker Users
Sheepskin Arm Rests
Sheepskin Seat Pad
Packs and Pouches
See all Wheelchair Accessories
See all Walker Accessories
I hope this helps you pick the perfect Christmas gift from AllegroMedical.com. See our entire Gift Ideas Category for more ideas and to shop by price range. Feel free to add a comment about the list and suggest other products and “types”. We love to hear from you.
A Verry Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone from your Allegro Family. We appreciate your business and your referrals.
Travel doesn’t have to be impossibly expensive. Here are a few of my personal travel tips to make your trips a whole lot more affordable.
1. Use Point Programs. We only use credit cards that earn points towards hotel stays and
flights. We use them for EVERYTHING including groceries, car payments, utility bills – things you wouldn’t normally pay with a credit card. And we pay the bill completely, every month, so there is no interest charged. You would be surprised how fast you can earn free flights when everything goes on the card. It helps your credit score too. Remember, you have to pay off the card(s) every month or the interest will kill you.
2. Bring your own food. We eat at least 1 meal a day from our day pack. It saves us money, calories and time. Throw in some apples, dried fruit, string cheese, granola or trail mix, protein bars and dark chocolate for a meal or snack in the car, on the plane, on a city tour or in your hotel room. We also like to gather yummy morsels at Farmers Markets for a picnic on the train or in the park. These are great places to pick up good bread, fruit, cheese, organic tomatoes, & wine. We also almost always split meals and appetizers, at home and away.
3. Travel light. Learn to pack well so you don’t have to pay extra for checked luggage. If you’re anything like my mother you may need some practice. Pack everything you think you need first and then remove half of it. I got by with just a carry-on for several weeks in Europe by doing laundry here and there. The trick is to mix & match, wear one color scheme, alternate between 2 pairs of shoes. Get ‘travel clothes’ that don’t wrinkle and resist dirt & sweat. If you can’t pack light, invest in some compressor sacs that squish things down so you can pack more in a smaller bag.
4. Pool Resources. Sometimes we travel with other couples or families and rent a big house
in the woods or on the beach. Then, we cook meals instead of going out and we do low
cost activities like play games, hike, etc. Let your social network (myspace, facebook) know where you’ll be and see if any of your friends want to join you to split the costs.
5. Swap houses. Wish you could take the family to London for Christmas? You can afford it if you swap houses. Google ‘House Swapping’ to see how it’s done.
6. Get a free hotel room upgrade. At the very least, when checking in ask for a better room, a bigger room or a better view. I just got a lakeview room upgrade at the Bellagio in Las Vegas last weekend, just for asking nicely. Sometimes, if I see a bad review of a hotel that we will be staying at, I email a link to the review to the manager and I let them know that we’re on our way and we’re hoping that
we don’t have problems “like this”. It’s amazing how the service level goes up. We were once upgraded from a standard room to a $1000/night suite in Hawaii, simply because I alerted the manager to some unflattering reviews of their hotel. Following our stay we sent a beautiful basket of Arizona goodies
to the staff and made friends for life.
7. Camp Out. Have an adventure! It saves you money plus you get closer to nature . . . and each other. Consider camping on the beach.
8. Head South of the Border. We’re taking our vacations at the beach in Mexico – a 3 1/2 hour
drive from Phoenix to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point). For a fraction of the price of a hotel room in the States you can rent a 1500 sq. ft. 2
bd/2ba condo on Sandy Beach, right on the water, complete with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, restaurants, swim-up bar, tennis courts, water
9. Travel in the off season. We’ve even gone on a cruise during hurricane season. Besides, high season (usually the summer months) is the worst time to be just about anywhere because of the crowds, heat and high prices.
10. Stay Close to Home. Arizona summers are “off season” and the local resorts deeply discount their rates or give credits toward food and entertainment. Many families take their kids to the resorts that have water parks and water slides and they just hang out at the pool all weekend. You can also explore your home state by car and save on airfare. Take day trips or camp to save on hotels.
11. Get up to 1/2 off Hotel Rooms. We use www.priceline.com when the hotel chain doesn’t matter to us. You don’t get to pick your exact hotel before committing to the room, but you can narrow your choice to a certain area and designate a minimum star rating. We recently used Priceline to find a hotel in San Diego, in the Gaslamp area, and we saved $110 per night.
12. Shop the Web and book early. Bargains are
everywhere if you take the time to look. I check www.tripadvisor.com to
read unbiased reviews before booking. Tripadvisor also has a tool that checks a handful of major booking
sites like Orbitz & Expedia, allowing you to compare prices without going to each site individually. Also check the lesser known travel booking sites, like
www.bookit.com. If you’re using travel points you might have to book several months in advance to get the room or a seat on the plane.
13. Consider a Cruise. You can almost always find cruises at discounted prices if you don’t book through the cruise line themselves. We got much lower prices on an upcoming Disney cruise by going through a cruise broker online. We use www.cruise.com and www.cruises.com but there are a lot of them. Also, if you can go last minute, there are always great deals. When cruising, try to wait until you get to your destination to do your off-shore excursions. They are much less expensive. Airport transfers to and from the ship are cheaper if you book it yourself. Bring your own bottled water. Bring your own booze if they let you. Ask for a cabin upgrade. Ask your travel agent for shipboard credits. Sign up for the “club”.
14. Take advantage of time share promotions. Just don’t be roped into buying one unless that is your intention. Sit through the presentation, be strong enough to walk away from the hard sell, and be rewarded with a nearly free vacation or lots of spa/meal/drink credits.
15. Be spontaneous and book late. Sign up with your favorite travel sites to receive notification of last minute travel bargains.
Travel safe and comfortable with Allegro’s Top Travel Gear.
Prev123...7Next Page 2 of 7