Allegro Unveils Most Advanced Online Shopping Site for Medical Equipment and Home Health Care Supplies
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Wednesday, September 8, 1999-- Allegro Home Health Care Supplies today released the latest version of the Web’s first online home health care superstore, www.goAllegro.com. The new design enhances the purchasing experience and ads to the overall functionality of the site, pioneering new ways for end-users and health care professionals to shop online for medical supplies.
Outside of having a new look, the site includes new features designed to make it even faster and easier for customers to locate and order products from goAllegro.com. Other enhancements are designed with a sharp focus on providing visitors with online customer service and interesting content. “It’s all part of our goal to become the best place on the web to go for a wheelchair, power scooter, walker or other medical supplies,” according to Craig Hood, president and CEO. The key features of the new site include: checkout chat, a configurator for wheelchairs, custom login, more content, better ways to shop and free e-catalogs.
- Checkout Chat. During the checkout process, customers can type last minute questions about their orders in a chat window that links to a customer service representative.
- Build-to-order. Allegro has engineered the world’s first online configurator that allows shoppers to customize products such as wheelchairs, power scooters and lift chairs to meet their specific needs. The online configurator is an invaluable resource to customers and health care professionals as it simplifies purchasing complex products. At present, hundreds of items including manual and power wheelchairs, scooters and lift chairs can be configured over the site. Products are then custom built and shipped directly to the customer in as little as three days. Options such as seat width and depth, arm style, wheel size and frame color, along with a host of other options and accessories can be selected on nearly all of the site’s mobility products.
- Custom login. Shoppers can create a custom login from the home page. Once a visitor logs in or returns to the site, subsequent pages can display products and information tailored to the profile created by that visitor, allowing for more personalized shopping.
- More content. Several popular magazines - New Mobility, Sports’n Spokes, and Paraplegia News – support the site with content in the form of news and articles. Customers interested in select magazines can receive subscription discounts of up to 36% off newsstand prices by signing up over the AllegroMedical.com.com site.
- Better ways to shop. Customers can shop the website in three ways: by browsing through categories; using the search engine; or, by popular brands. The new site features a custom-built search engine that makes searching faster and provides more accurate information than before. Search results are sorted by manufacturer and displayed in an easy-to-read format with “more information” links to product detail pages where technical specifications, sales notes and images can be found. Additionally, customers can now shop by popular brand names like, Pride Mobility, Invacare and Quickie.
- Free e-catalogs. Subscribers to the “Allegro Advantage” will receive special product offers, additional discounts and website updates via email. Visitors have the ability to personalize their e-catalog based on preferences they indicate when registering.
Scottsdale, Arizona-based Allegro is a leading direct channel reseller of home health care products and medical supplies, offering thousands of name brand products to end-users and health care professionals throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. Products are sold via the Internet at www.goAllegro.com, as well as through e-marketing and catalogs.