Allevyn Compression Foam Dressing - 4" x 4"
Average Customer Rating(1 ratings)
Featured Customer ReviewUsed to heal wounds on my legs. [ read more ]By momohundro from Columbus, Ohio
Customers who viewed this product also viewed:
Smith & Nephew Allevyn Compression Foam Dressing - 4" x 4"
ALLEVYN Compression was discontinued by Smith & Nephew. ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive is the recommended alternative. Click for recommended alternative - ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive
Allevyn Compression dressings contain a highly absorbent material embedded in a self-adherent polyurethane matrix. The dressing is covered with a waterproof polyurethane film which is permeable to oxygen and water vapor and is bacteria proof. Allevyn Compression dressings employ all the proven benefits of a moist wound environment without any breakdown of the dressing caused by contact with exudate.
Allevyn Compression can be used for the treatment and management of moderately to highly exuding wounds surrounded by sensitive skin such as ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic), pressure sores and burns (1st and 2nd degree). Creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound. Provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound.
Do not soak in oxidizing agents, such as hypochlorite or peroxide solutions. Allevyn Compression is not indicated for use on third degree burns, or on wounds with exposed muscle, bone or tendon.
- Non-adherent to wound surface
- Maintains absorption under compression
- Promotes and maintains moist wound environment
- Easy to use
Allevyn Composite Foam Dressing Benefits:
- Non-adherent to wound: Allevyn Compression dressings are slightly adherent. They adhere well to dry, intact skin, but will not adhere to the wound surface. The dressing shows a slight adherence to dry skin, which will hold the dressing in place while the compression bandage is applied. The adhesion is so slight that sensitive skin is not damaged.
- Highly-absorbent: Allevyn Compression has a high absorption capacity and an ability to lock in exudate's. This capacity results from the structure of highly absorbent material embedded in a polyurethane matrix.
- Maintains absorption under compression: Allevyn Compression is ideal for use in compression therapy as the polyurethane structure locks in and hold up to 99% of the exudate's to help reduce the risk of maceration.
- Promotes and maintains moist wound environment: The outer layer used on Allevyn Compression is a breathable film layer. This allows the formation and maintenance of a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, preventing eschar formation. The film is also waterproof and bacteria proof.
- Easy to use: Allevyn Compression dressings absorb exudate's and ensure minimal mess at dressing changes. Dressing changes are therefore easier for the caregiver and less traumatic for the patient; wound irrigation can be kept to a minimum. The progression of exudate's is visible through the opaque dressing.
Allevyn Compression Foam Dressing - 4" x 4" Reviews Summary
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Allevyn Compression Foam Dressing - 4" x 4"
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice. Learn More about Q&A.
1 Question | 0 Answers
Part Number(s): 730 0843, 730 0842
Mfg Part Number(s): 66047583
Scrip Part Number(s): 730 0842, 730 0843
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.