Sa-Wan Thai Herbal Ball Steamer-
Sa-Wan Thai Herbal Ball Steamer
AllegroMedical.com presents The Sa-Wan Thai Herbal Ball Steamer. Most appropriate steamer we have found for the herbal balls. Provides good steam while allowing for excellent temperature control. The herbal ball treatment traditionally is a hot treatment. The Sabai Ball is pressed along the Sen Sib lines, or acupressure zones of the body in a series of motions that include: a 'rock 'n roll,' or back and forth motion; a 'rolling' or orbital circular motion; and a 'dragging' motion which is used to increase blood flow and lymphatic drainage. The Sabai Ball is used in combination with traditional Thai or Swedish massage or as a tool to work on a specific part of the body that needs special attention for muscular tightness or pain.
Herbal Ball Steamer Only.
- Take care when lifting the steamer lid to release the steam away from the body
- The temperature of the Sa-Wan Ball is very hot when first taken out of the steamer and cools over time
- Ball handle can be very hot when lifting from the steamer; use washcloth or similar item to grab handle when necessary
- Always test the temperature of the ball before applying to the client, whenever a new ball is retrieved from the steamer, and also during its use to feel the evolution of the heat of the ball
- The temperature that the client experiences from the herbal ball, is related to the temperature of the ball, the time that it is touching a single point on the body, and the pressure with which it is applied
- The ball is often very hot when retrieved from the steamer. A way to utilize this heat effectively is to 'stamp' with rapid movements along the body, gradually working more slowly and detailed, as the ball begins to lose some of its heat
- There are five basic techniques in using the Sa-Wan Ball, with the most popular being Rocking and Rolling. In all cases, the ball is applied using steady pressure, perpendicular to the area being treated
- Rocking - steadily rocking the ball back and forth in a lateral motion
- Rolling - pivoting the ball in a circular motion while continuing to maintain steady, downward pressure.
- Stamping - light, rapid touching of the ball along the body
- Stationary - steady downward pressure while holding the pall perpendicular to the area being treated
- Dragging - steady pressure perpendicular to the Sen line while dragging. This technique is used to improve blood flow or lymphat drainage and can provide a sense of discomfort to some clients, depending on the amount of pressure used
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
Sa-Wan Thai Herbal Ball Steamer
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
Learn about Q&AQ&A allows customers to interact with one another in asking product specific questions and receiving answers from knowledgeable fellow customers and staff experts. Unlike the lengthy one-to-one support media such as email, phone, or live chat, Q&A captures those conversations and insights by displaying them directly on the product detail page - for all future customers to see. A single answer now aids multiple customers.
Part Number(s): 230 0275
Mfg Part Number(s): ST1
Scrip Part Number(s): 230 0275
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.