Bardex Uncoated 100% Silicone Foley Catheter - 2-Way, 30cc-
- 100% latex-free all-silicone
- 2 opposing eyes
- Short length
- 30cc balloon
Bardex Uncoated All Silicone Foley Catheter
2-Way, 30cc Balloon
The Bardex Uncoated Silicone Foley Catheters is a perfect latex-free alternative for indwelling catheters. It is easy to use, and available in a variety of sizes.
- Ensure that the Bard Foley catheter balloon is positioned well within the patient's bladder.
- Slowly, with a gentle, constant force, inflate the Bard Foley catheter balloon with the volume prescribed on the package.
- Note that a 30cc balloon must be inflated with 35cc of sterile water.
- Improperly inflated Bard Foley catheter balloons may cause drainage and deflation difficulties.
- Select a luer slip syringe.
- Slide the plunger of the syringe up and down the barrel of the syringe several times to "loosen it up."
- Compress the plunger all the way and then pull back the plunger slightly so that it does not adhere to the front of the syringe barrel.
- Gently insert the syringe in the catheter valve.
- Do not use more force than is required to make the syringe "stick" in the valve.
- Allow the pressure within the balloon to force the plunger back and fill the syringe with water.
- If you notice slow or no deflation, re-seat the syringe gently.
- Once again, allow the balloon to deflate slowly on its own.
- If the balloon does not deflate, reposition the patient.
- Ensure that the catheter is not in traction-the proximal end of the catheter is not compressed within the bladder neck.
- Ensure that urine flows freely.
- Attempt to deflate the balloon by using the pressure in the balloon to force water into the syringe as described above.
- If the balloon still fails to deflate, apply very gentle, slow aspiration. Aspiration that is too rapid, or too forceful, may cause the inflation lumen within the Foley catheter to collapse.
- If permitted by hospital protocol, the valve arm may be severed.
- If this fails, contact an adequately trained professional for assistance, as directed by hospital protocol.
Customers who viewed this product also viewed:
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
Bardex Uncoated 100% Silicone Foley Catheter - 2-Way, 30cc
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
Part Number(s): 094 0091 06, 094 0091 05, 094 0091 08
Mfg Part Number(s): 166820, 166818, 166822
Scrip Part Number(s): 094 0091 06, 094 0091 05, 094 0091 08
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.