DOVER 100% Silicone Foley Catheters - 30cc, 2-Way-
- 30cc, balloon, 2-way, standard tip
- All silicone, latex-free catheter
- Non-reactive, non-adhering material
- Color coded inflation valve accepts luer lock and luer slip syringes
- Packaged in outer peel-back pouch and easy-to-open inner sheath
DOVER 100% Silicone Foley Catheter
30cc Balloon, 2-Way, 17" Long, Sterile, Standard Tip
Non-reactive, non-adhering material reduces incidence of encrustation, urethritis, and stricture vs. latex. Color-coded inflation valve accepts luer lock and luer slip syringes. Packaged in an outer peel-back pouch and an easy-to-open inner sheath.
Features and Benefits
- 100% Silicone Material - Inert material preferred for medical devices. Less urethral irritation and stricture versus latex material. Less encrustation compared to latex catheters. 100% Latex-Free
- Tip -- Smooth, separately molded, reinforced tip - Resists buckling
- Tip -- Deep stylet pocket - Accepts stylet securely
- Tip -- Bullet shape - Eases insertion, less tissue trauma
- Eyes -- Smooth, hand finished - No additional urethral trauma
- Eyes -- Large, oval shaped - Ideal size for maximum drainage & design will not allow material to obstruct drainage lumen
- Balloon -- Ribbed balloon - Increases strength & symmetry
- Balloon -- Smooth balloon to shaft transition - Eases insertion
- Shaft -- Soft, flexible, non-rigid - Allows for easy insertion, comfortable silicone
- Shaft -- Round, smooth, uniform French sized surface - Reduced irritation to urethra, true french sizes
- Shaft -- 30% larger inflation lumen due to patented extrusion process - Allows for greater flow rates
- Shaft -- 21% larger inflation lumen -Fast, easy insertion
- Shaft -- One wall construction due to patented extrusion process - Resists collapsing during forced irrigation
- Funnel -- Separately molded, ribbed, reinforced - Assures proper seal to drain bag connector & various irrigation syringes
- Valve -- Bespak spring-loaded valve - Provides consistent inflation/deflation of Foley catheter balloon
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the benefit of having a silicone Foley catheter versus a latex Foley catheter? The advantage is the silicone material. Silicone is biocompatible. It is non-reactive to human tissue. Silicone is inorganic which is man-made, inert, and contains no extractable chemicals or proteins. Latex is an organic material that also contains numerous extractable chemicals and proteins which act as a good source for bacterial growth. Silicone is non-adherent. It repels urine, water, blood, and most organic materials to reduce the incidence of bacterial attachment and growth. Silicone is non-porous so it does not absorb body fluids. It eliminates "Foley Catheter Expansion" whereas latex is porous (acts like a sponge). Silicone is also 100% latex-free.
Do silicone coated latex Foley catheters share the same benefits of the DOVER™ 100% Silicone Foley catheter? No. Silicone coated latex Foley catheters still utilize a latex platform and do not share the same benefits of a true, 100% silicone catheter (see above). Silicone coated catheters do not eliminate hypersensitivity concerns because they are still comprised of latex.
Is silicone still considered stiff and uncomfortable? Silicone actually warms to the body's temperature and eventually molds to the shape of the urethra making it more flexible and comfortable.
Customers who viewed this product also viewed:
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
DOVER 100% Silicone Foley Catheters - 30cc, 2-Way
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
Learn about Q&AQ&A allows customers to interact with one another in asking product specific questions and receiving answers from knowledgeable fellow customers and staff experts. Unlike the lengthy one-to-one support media such as email, phone, or live chat, Q&A captures those conversations and insights by displaying them directly on the product detail page - for all future customers to see. A single answer now aids multiple customers.
Part Number(s): 094 0481 05, 094 0481 11, 094 0481 06
Mfg Part Number(s): 8887630187, 8887630203, 8887630260
Scrip Part Number(s): 094 0481 05, 094 0481 06, 094 0481 11
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.