Coccyx Cushion - Tailbone Cushion - Coccyx Wedge Cushion-
Average Customer Rating(298 ratings)
- Reduces pressure on the spine and coccyx
- Extra liner for foam protection
- Washable cotton/polyester zip-off blue cover
- 16" and 18" widths available
- 1.5" to 3" wedge incline
Coccyx Cushion - Tailbone Cushion
The Visco Memory Foam Coccyx Cushion is made of high quality standard density memory foam (3.5lb) and helps relieve back pain by reducing the pressure on the spine and coccyx. The temperature-sensitive coccyx pillow foam interacts with body heat to gently mold to your shape and provides customized comfort. The cut-out section eliminates painful pressure on the tailbone. Sloping wedge shape helps correctly align spine and tilts the pelvis forward to restore the natural lumbar curve, a position often recommended by doctors to provide maximum comfort and relief. Can be used with almost any seat: Car seat, Office chair, Home.....virtually anywhere.
Coccyx (tailbone) bone pain can come from local trauma or childbirth. A fall on the tailbone can stress the ligaments or injure the attachment to the sacrum. In a significant percentage of tailbone pain the cause is unknown (always check with your doctor for diagnosis and proper care).
Individuals with tailbone or coccyx pain (Coccydynia) often find sitting is the most aggravating position. Many tailbone pain sufferers find the most comfortable cushion is the type with a cut-out at the back, underneath the coccyx so that no direct pressure is placed on the coccyx.
What is memory foam?
Visco-elastic memory foam was originally developed by NASA and used on space shuttles to relieve pressure on astronauts caused by G-Forces during take off. It is several times denser than regular polyurethane foams, is temperature sensitive and always recovers to original shape. It is also called slow-recovery foam (see picture). Due to its distinctive property in relieving pressure, memory foam has been developed into many products such as pillows, toppers, wedges, supports, etc., to benefit millions of consumers worldwide.
What benefits does memory foam offer?
Memory foam offers the following benefits that, in combination, provides the ultimate stress and pressure relieving support:
- Memory foam has higher density and thus is more supportive and conforms to your body more.
- Memory foam is temperature sensitive. In normal temperature, it is firm, but when you use it, it reacts to your body temperature and molds to your shape. This way, it minimizes the pressure points, distributes the weight more evenly and provides customized support.
- High quality memory foam often has open cell structure that breathes better and helps distributes the weight evenly.
Are all memory foams the same?
No. There are huge differences in quality.
One of the key differences is density. Usually, the denser the foam, the more supportive it is and the more it conforms to your body. High density foam (e.g., 6lb/ft3 ) is usually made with molding process while low density (e.g., 3.5lb/ft3) foaming-and-cutting process.
Durability is another important quality aspect. Due to manufacturing differences, some foams lose their “slow recovery property" over a short period of time while high quality foamsnever lose their resiliency.
Cell structure is also important. High density, high quality foams usually have much smaller cells and thus many more cells per unit volume. This helps the foam breathe better and thus distributes weight more evenly.
How do I know which memory foam product is high quality?
- Hold It: High density memory foam product is heavier than other products of the same size.
- Press It: If you use your hand to pressure the foam, it should recover to its original shape slowly. If the foam recovers too quickly, then the quality is probably lower.
- Look at It: High quality foam usually have smaller and denser cell structure. If you see big cells, then the foam’s quality is probably lower.
- Use It: If the foam loses it’s supportive property and feels like a regular foam after being used for a short period of time, then its quality is low. High quality foam maintains its resiliency even after a long period of time.
Customers who ordered this product also ordered:
Customers who viewed this product ultimately ordered:
Coccyx Cushion - Tailbone Cushion - Coccyx Wedge Cushion is also listed in these categories below:
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
Coccyx Cushion - Tailbone Cushion - Coccyx Wedge Cushion
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
I bought a similar product but the cover was so slippery I almost fell on the floor twice. What is the cover like
Asked on Apr 18, 2014 1:12:12 AM by Cheri from MA
4 people had the same question
The cushion is thick and firm and not slippery! I'm pleased with it and the carrying handle is a bonus.
Answered on Aug 29, 2015 7:36:31 AM by EG from upper NYS
2 people found this helpful
Helpful | Report
Part Number(s): 833 0259 03 02, 833 0259 01 01
Mfg Part Number(s): P162, M152
Scrip Part Number(s): 833 0259 01 01, 833 0259 03 02
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.