XLys, XTryp Maxamaid - 454g- Case of 6
- Dietary management of glutaric acidemia type I
- For children ages 1 to 8 years
- Pleasant orange flavored powder
- Lysine- and tryptophan-free
- 6 x 454 g (1 lb)
XLys, XTryp Maxamaid - 454g, 1 lb, 1471 calories/can
A lysine- and tryptophan-free powdered medical food for the dietary management of glutaric acidemia type I in children aged 1 to 8 years.
- Lysine- and tryptophan-free
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and trace elements (including iron, selenium and chromium)
- XLys, XTrp Maxamaid provides 25 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder
- Age-appropriate DRI formulation
- Does not contain fat thereby allowing greater flexibility in modifying energy intake
- Glutaric acidemia type I
Maxamaid must be consumed in conjunction with natural protein, fluid and other nutrients in quantities prescribed by a dietitian or physician to meet protein and general nutrition requirements. Fat, carbohydrate and low protein sources may be used to supply needed calories and to fulfill essential fatty acid requirements.
- Maxamaid intake will vary depending on the age, body weight and medical condition of the individual. Intake is adjusted to maintain normal growth and development.
- Maxamaid is best served as a chilled drink with meals. Make a paste of the prescribed amount of powder with a small volume of water. For accuracy, Maxamaid should be weighed on a gram scale. Gradually add sufficient water to yield the prescribed volume. It is recommended that Maxamaid initially be reconstituted at a 1 to 7 dilution (e.g. 100 g of Maxamaid and 700 mL of water). It can however be given in a more concentrated form (e.g. at a 1 to 5 dilution or in paste form), according to taste preferences. Additional fluids should then be offered at the same time.
- Reconstituted formula should be stored in the refrigerator and used within 24 hours.
Store unopened can at room temperature. Do not store at extreme temperatures. Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not in refrigerator) and use within one month.
Caution: Must only be consumed by children with proven glutaric acidemia type 1 while under strict medical supervision. Not intended for children under one year of age. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
XLys, XTryp Maxamaid - 454g is also listed in these categories below:
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
XLys, XTryp Maxamaid - 454g
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
Learn about Q&AQ&A allows customers to interact with one another in asking product specific questions and receiving answers from knowledgeable fellow customers and staff experts. Unlike the lengthy one-to-one support media such as email, phone, or live chat, Q&A captures those conversations and insights by displaying them directly on the product detail page - for all future customers to see. A single answer now aids multiple customers.
Part Number(s): 171 0105 02
Mfg Part Number(s): 117780
Scrip Part Number(s): 171 0105 02
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.