XMet Maxamum - 454g, Orange flavor- Case of 6
- Dietary management of vitamin B6 non-responsive homocystinuria or hypermethioninemia
- For older children and adults
- Safe for pregnant women and women of child-bearing years
- Pleasant orange flavored powder
- Does not contain fat
- 454 g - 1 lb Can
454g (1 lb), 1385 calories/can
XMet Maxamum is a methionine-free powdered medical food for the dietary management of vitamin B6 non-responsive homocystinuria or hypermethioninemia in children over 9 years and older and adults, including pregnant women and women of child-bearing age.
XMet Maxamum - Main Features:
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- XMet Maxammum provides 40 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder
- Pleasant orange flavored powder
- Does not contain fat thereby allowing greater flexibility in modifying energy intak
- 454 gram - 1 lb Can - Six Cans Per Order
XMet Maxamum - Indications:
- Vitamin B6 non-responsive homocystinuria
XMet Maxamum - Preparation:
Maxamum formulas must be consumed in conjunction with a whole protein source (e.g. breast milk or standard infant formula) in quantities prescribed by a dietitian or physician to meet complete protein requirements and ensure normal growth.
- Formula dosage will vary depending on the age, body weight, medical condition and protein tolerance of the infant.
- The daily intake of Maxamum should be divided into equal portions and distributed throughout the day.
- Maxamum is best served with meals. Make a paste of the prescribed amount of powder with a small volume of chilled water. Gradually add sufficient water to make the desired volume. It is recommended that Maxamaum be prepared at a 1 to 7 dilution (e.g. 35 g (approx 1/4 cup) of powder plus 245 mL (approx. 8 fl oz) of water) and advance to a 1 to 5 dilution (e.g. 35 g (approx 1/4 cup) of powder plus 175 mL (approx. 6 fl oz) of water). These dilutions are guidelines only. Maxamum may be given in a more concentrated form (e.g. drink or paste). If so, water or diluted drinks should be offered at the same time. For best taste, consume immediately.
- Larger volumes of prepared drink mix should be refrigerated and used within 24 hours of preparation.
Store unopened can at room temperature. Do not store at extreme temperatures. Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not in refrigerator) and use within one month.
Precaution:Must only be consumed by individuals with proven hypermethioninemia and vitamin B6 non-responsive homocystinuria while under strict medical supervision. Not intended for children under nine years of age. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
XMet Maxamum - Ingredients
Sugar, L-Lysine L-Glutamate, Corn Syrup Solids, L-Leucine, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, L-Proline, L-Arginine, L-Valine, Glycine, L-Isoleucine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Threonine, Artificial Flavor, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine, L-Serine, Citric Acid, Magnesium Acetate, L-Alanine, L-Histidine, Tripotassium Citrate, L-Cystine, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tryptophan, Sodium Chloride, Soy Lecithin, Disodium Hydrogen Phosphate, Dipotassium Hydrogen Phosphate, L-Glutamine, Tricalcium Phosphate, L-Glutamic Acid, Taurine, L-Ascorbic Acid, M-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Artificial Colors (Beta-Carotene, Beet Red), Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Phylloquinone, D-Biotin, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.
XMet Maxamum - 454g, Orange flavor is also listed in these categories below:
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
XMet Maxamum - 454g, Orange flavor
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
Part Number(s): 171 0096
Mfg Part Number(s): 117795
Scrip Part Number(s): 171 0096
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.