Intelect TENS Units Dual Channels - Complete Kit-
Average Customer Rating(54 ratings)
- Dual independent channels
- Adjustable frequency and pulse duration parameters
- Three modes: burst, normal and modulation
Intelect Tens Unit - 77710 - Complete Kit
The Intelect TENS Unit is used for Symptomatic Relief and Management of Chronic Pain and Acute Post-Surgical or Post-Trauma Pain.
Long known for innovative clinical electrotherapy devices, Chattanooga Group now offers a new, portable, battery-operated Intelect TENS device that offers fully adjustable parameters including frequency, pulse duration, three modulation modes and a timer.
- Lid Cover: A panel covers the controls for Mode, Timer, Frequency & Pulse WIdth.
- Amplitude Controls: It controls the "INTENSITY" level of stimulating pulses. These controls located at the top of the unit regulate the amplitude, or intensity, of the stimulation and are the ON/OFF CONTROL. The power indicator will light up with green color when the unit is working.
- Mode Switch: Set Normal (N), Burst(B), or Modulation(M) mode.
- Timer Switch: Set 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or Constant.
- Frequency Control: Adjust Frequency from 2 Hz to 150 Hz by turning the control.
- Pulse Width Control: Adjust Pulse Width from 60 μs to 250 μs by turning the control.
- Battery: 9 Volt DC Battery.
- Stimulation Modes: The mode switch offers three stimulation modes. The mode switch is located under the front lid cover and you can shift the "MODE" switch to adjust the mode:
- Burst Mode: provides a "burst" of seven pulses. There are two bursts delivered per second.
- Normal Mode: The Normal mode produces a continuous train of impulses. The stimulation parameters are not automatically interrupted nor varied in any way. In this mode, the pulse rate (from 2 to 150Hz) and pulse width (from 60 to 250μs) are fully adjustable. The normal mode is quite versatile because it may be applied with a variety of rate and width settings.
- Modulation Mode: Pulse width shows decrease/ increase cycle of variation. For example, if pulse width is set for the maximum output value (250μs), pulse width will decrease from 250μs to 125μs and then increase back to 250μs again in period of 4 seconds.
- Channel: Dual channels, isolated between channels
- Pulse Amplitude: 0 ~ 80 mA = 0 ~ 40 volts, adjustable (at 500 ohm load)
- Pulse Frequency (Hz): 2 ~ 150
- Pulse Width (μs): 60 ~ 250
- Waveform: Asymmetric biphasic square pulse.
- Timer Control (mins): 30, 60, or Constant
- Power Supply: 9V DC square shape battery
- Size: (D x W x H) 1.0" x 2.4" x 3.6" (26 mm x 62 mm x 91 mm)
- Weight (including battery): 4.4 oz (126 g)
- Safety standard: EN 60601-1, EN 60601-1-2, IEC 60601-2-10
- Operation Ambient Temperature Range: 50 ~ 95ºF (10 ~ 35ºC)
- Operation Ambient Humidity Range: 20 ~ 90% RH
- Storage & Transportation Temperature Range: 32 ~ 158º F (0 ~ 70ºC)
- Storage & Transportation Humidity Range: 20 ~ 90% RH
- Unit: 1 year from date of original consumer purchase.
- Accessories (consisting of lead wire, electrodes, carrying case, and belt clip): 90 Days from the date of original consumer purchase. Shipped complete with a dual channel Intelect® TENS unit, set of 2 lead wires, package of 4 self-adhesive electrodes, 9V Battery, operations manual, and a convenient carrying case.
This TENS device is a lightweight and portable medical device which can help to reduce pain and discomfort. It utilizes low electric-current to stimulate muscle nerves to achieve the symptomatic relief of chronic intractable pain, posttraumatic and post-surgical pain.
Cautions: Federal law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of practitioners licensed by the State in which they practice to use or order the use of the device.Warnings:
- The long-term effects of chronic electrical stimulation are unknown.
- Stimulation should not be applied over the carotid sinus nerves, particularly in patients with a known sensitivity to the carotid sinus reflex.
- Stimulation should not be applied over the neck or mouth. Severe spasm of the laryngeal and pharyngeal muscles may occur and the contractions may be strong enough to close the airway or cause difficulty in breathing.
- Stimulation should not be applied transthoracically in that the introduction of electrical current into the heart may cause cardiac arrhythmias.
- Stimulation should not be applied over swollen, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions, e.g., phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, etc.
- Stimulation should not be applied over, or in proximity to, cancerous lesions.
- For external use only.
- Do not use TENS on the eye area.
- This device should be used only under the continued supervision of a licensed medical practitioner.
- Safety of Intelect TENS devices for use during pregnancy or delivery has not been established.
- Electronic equipment such as ECG monitors and ECG alarms may not operate properly when TENS is in use.
- Apply the electrodes to clean, dry, and unbroken skin only.
- This device should not be used while driving, operating machinery, or during any activity in which involuntary muscle contractions may put the user at undue risk of injury.
- This device should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Keep electrodes separate during treatment. Electrodes in contact with each other could result in improper stimulation or skin burns.
- Caution should be used for patients with suspected or diagnosed heart problems.
- Caution should be used for patients with suspected or diagnosed epilepsy.
- Caution should be used in the presence of the following:
- (a)When there is a tendency to hemorrhage following acute trauma or fracture
- (b)Following recent surgical procedures when muscle contraction may disrupt the healing process.
- (c)Over the menstruating or pregnant uterus
- (d)Over areas of the skin which lack normal sensation.
- Some patients may experience skin irritation or hypersensitivity due to the electrical stimulation or electrical conductive medium. The irritation can usually be reduced by using an alternate conductive medium, or alternate electrode placement.
- Electrode placement and stimulation settings should be based on the guidance of the prescribing practitioner.
- This device should be used only with the leads and electrodes recommended for use by the manufacturer.
- Isolated cases of skin irritation may occur at the site of the electrode placement following long-term application.
- Effectiveness is highly dependent upon patient selection by a person qualified in the management of pain afflicted patients.
- If the stimulation levels are uncomfortable or become uncomfortable, reduce the stimulation amplitude to a comfortable level and contact your physician if problems persist.
- Possible skin irritation or electrode burn under the electrodes may occur.
- Possible allergic skin reaction to tape or gel may occur.
Customers who ordered this product also ordered:
Customers who viewed this product also viewed:
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
Intelect TENS Units Dual Channels - Complete Kit
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
Learn about Q&AQ&A allows customers to interact with one another in asking product specific questions and receiving answers from knowledgeable fellow customers and staff experts. Unlike the lengthy one-to-one support media such as email, phone, or live chat, Q&A captures those conversations and insights by displaying them directly on the product detail page - for all future customers to see. A single answer now aids multiple customers.
Are the electrotherapy devices effective for pinched nerves between shoulder blade and spine?
Asked on Jan 23, 2016 12:34:53 AM by Vee Pee from Seattle, WA
3 people had the same question
Part Number(s): 670 0013
Mfg Part Number(s): 77710
Scrip Part Number(s): 670 0013
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.