Astar Seat Cushion - Contoured Visco Memory Foam Seat Cushion-
Average Customer Rating(52 ratings)
- 3 year warranty
- Dimensions: 16" x 14.5"
- Provides the ultimate stress-relieving support
- Washable cotton/polyester zip-off cover
Seat Cushion - Contoured Memory Foam
Manufactured with a molding process, this high-density (5.5lb) Memory Foam Seat Cushion provides the ultimate stress-relieving support:
- Temperature-sensitive foam interacts with body heat to gently mold to your shape and provides customized comfort
- Superior quality and durability
- Conforms to the curves and angles of your body while redistributing weight evenly and reducing the pressure on legs and lower back
- Helps one sit comfortably for extended period of time
- For use in the office, at home, and in the car
Seat Cushion Specifications:
- Dimensions: 16" x 14.5"
- Cover: Washable cotton/polyester zip-off cover; extra liner for foam protection
- Color: Blue
- Warranty: 3 years
What is memory foam?
Visco-elastic memory foam was originally developed by NASA and used on space shuttles to relieve pressure on astronauts caused by G-Forces during take off. It is several times denser than regular polyurethane foams, is temperature sensitive and always recovers to original shape. It is also called slow-recovery foam (see picture). Due to its distinctive property in relieving pressure, memory foam has been developed into many products such as pillows, toppers, wedges, supports, etc., to benefit millions of consumers worldwide.
What benefits does memory foam offer?
Memory foam offers the following benefits that, in combination, provides the ultimate stress and pressure relieving support:
- Memory foam has higher density and thus is more supportive and conforms to your body more.
- Memory foam is temperature sensitive. In normal temperature, it is firm, but when you use it, it reacts to your body temperature and molds to your shape. This way, it minimizes the pressure points, distributes the weight more evenly and provides customized support.
- High quality memory foam often has open cell structure that breathes better and helps distributes the weight evenly.
Are all memory foams the same?
No. There are huge differences in quality in regards to memory foam pillows.
One of the key differences is density. Usually, the denser the foam, the more supportive it is and the more it conforms to your body. High density foam (e.g., 6lb/ft3 ) is usually made with molding process while low density (e.g., 3.5lb/ft3) foaming-and-cutting process.
Durability is another important quality aspect in memory foam pillows. Due to manufacturing differences, some foams lose their “slow recovery property over a short period of time while high quality foams never lose their resiliency.
Cell structure is also important. High density, high quality foams usually have much smaller cells and thus many more cells per unit volume. This helps the foam breathe better and thus distributes weight more evenly.
How do I know which memory foam product is high quality?
- Hold It: High density memory foam product is heavier than other products of the same size.
- Press It: If you use your hand to pressure the foam, it should recover to its original shape slowly. If the foam recovers too quickly, then the quality is probably lower.
- Look at It: High quality foam usually have smaller and denser cell structure. If you see big cells, then the foam’s quality is probably lower.
- Use It: If the foam loses it’s supportive property and feels like a regular foam after being used for a short period of time, then its quality is low. High quality foam maintains its resiliency even after a long period of time.
Astar memory foam products are manufactured with superior quality. The Astar memory foam products are the highest density memory foam manufactured with molding process. All Astar memory foam products have excellent cell structure and superior durability. Astar products are tested by and supplied to “back care” professionals. Astar also proactively seek customer feedback to constantly improve product quality. The Astar Seat Cushion has a generous warranty and a 30-day Return Policy to make sure customers are 100% satisfied..
Remarkable price. We offer not only extremely competitive list prices, i.e., retail prices, but also remarkable discounts based the order quantity for all items.
Get a cushion cover.
Astar Seat Cushion - Contoured Visco Memory Foam Seat Cushion is also listed in these categories below:
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
Astar Seat Cushion - Contoured Visco Memory Foam Seat Cushion
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
is this wedge shaped? if so how thick is the narrow side & how thick is the wide side?
Asked on Oct 10, 2015 2:17:47 PM by dave from denver
4 people had the same question
Part Number(s): 788 0013
Mfg Part Number(s): HM138
Scrip Part Number(s): 788 0013
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.