T.E.D. Thigh Length Anti-embolism Stockings with Belt - Latex Free-
Average Customer Rating(9 ratings)
TED™ Thigh Length Anti-embolism Stockings with Belt
T.E.D. Anti-embolism stockings are designed to speed blood flow with graduated compression but are different from support stockings or compression hose in that they are used for non-ambulatory convalescing persons to prevent blood clots.
TED™ Thigh Length Anti-embolism Stockings with Belt are recommended especially for very thin and obese patients, where stocking slippage is a prevalent problem. The clinically-proven graduated compression pattern from ankle to upper thigh helps ensure optimum blood flow velocity. Available in X-small, small, medium, large and X-large sizes. Lengths are regular and long.
Each stocking has a waist band and side panels to minimize slippage. The one-piece, snap-on belt is easily adjustable. The contoured seamless construction promotes a comfortable fit without the constriction caused by harsh seams and ridges. Inspection Toe opening provides easy access for medical examination.
84% Spandex /16% Nylon, full-foot with inspection toe. Calf/upper thigh circumferences and length determine size. Measure from gluteal furrow to heel for length. 18 mmHg compression. White. latex-free. 1 pair. Proper sizing and application must be assured!
Measurements - For accurate sizing to obtain optimal fit and therapeutic value, perform the following measurements:
- Measure upper thigh circumference at the buttock fold.
- Measure your calf circumference at the widest part of your calf to determine size.
- Measure distance from base of the heel to the buttock fold to determine length.
Check for Exceptions
- When thigh circumference measures up to 25 inches, select options of Thigh Length or Thigh Length with Belt styles.
- When thigh circumference measures 25 inches to 32 inches, select X-Large Thigh Length with Belt only.
- When thigh circumference measures greater than 32 inches, select Knee Length only (sold separately).
Size - X-Small/Long Length - Calf circumference 8-10" Thigh Length more than 28"
Size - Small/Regular Length - Calf circumference 10-12" Thigh Length less than 28(1/2)"
Size - Medium/Regular Length - Calf circumference 12-15" Thigh Length less than 28(1/2)"
Size - Large/Regular Length - Calf circumference 15-17(1/2)" Thigh Length less than 29"
Size - Small/Long Length - Calf circumference 10-12" Thigh Length more than 28(1/2)"
Size - Medium/Long Length - Calf circumference 12-15" Thigh Length more than 28(1/2)"
Size - Large/Long Length - Calf circumference 15-17(1/2)" Thigh Length more than 29"
Size - X-large/Long Length - Calf Circumference : 15 - 17.5" Thigh Length : More than 28.5" Fits Users : Upper thigh to 32"
Size - X-Large/Regular Length - Calf Circumference : 15 - 17.5" Thigh Length : Less than 28" Fits Users : Upper thigh to 32"
Applying T.E.D. Anti-Embolism Stockings - Thigh Length with Belt (from product packaging)
Stockings are not put on patient's leg like ordinary hosiery. If the stockings are gathered together in the typical "donut" fashion, the effect of the elastic material is multiplied many times and makes application difficult. By following these basic steps, T.E.D. Stockings are easily applied.
- Stockings are interchangeable - there is no right and left leg. Insert hand into stocking as far as the heel pocket.
- Grasp center of heel pocket and turn stocking inside out to heel area.
- Carefully position stocking over foot and heel. Be sure patient's heel is centered in heel pocket.
- Begin pulling body of the stocking up around the ankle an calf. The stitch change (change in fabric sheerness) should fall between 1 inch to 2 inches below the popliteal fossa (bend of the knee).
- At the knee, after the stitch change is positioned, begin turning the stocking to position the side panels. The stocking should be applied so that the upper thigh hem rests in the groin and at the gluteal furrow. Be sure the seam is flat against the body and side panels are at the hip bone. Apply second stocking in the same manner.
- Unfold the waist belt and bring it around the patient. The smooth side of the belt should rest against the patient's skin. Fasten the waist belt snaps to the stockings. Connect waist belt buckle and adjust waist belt so that it is sufficiently tight to hold the stockings in place.
- Keeping stitch change and upper thigh hem in place, smooth out any excess material with palms of hands. Pull toe section forward to smooth ankle and instep area and allow for patient toe comfort.
- Patients should be instructed as to proper positioning of stocking to insure that the patient will not reposition the stockings incorrectly.
- If required, this style can be worn comfortably with only one stocking.
- TO ADJUST WAIST BELT - To fasten belt, thread waist belt up through the first opening, down through the second opening. To tighten, pull belt forward through the buckle. To lock, bring loose end of the belt up under prongs. If belt is too ton cut off excess leaving at least 2 inches beyond the buckle. To loosen, remove waist belt from buckle prongs and pull belt back through buckle.
Customers who viewed this product also viewed:
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
T.E.D. Thigh Length Anti-embolism Stockings with Belt - Latex Free
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
Learn about Q&AQ&A allows customers to interact with one another in asking product specific questions and receiving answers from knowledgeable fellow customers and staff experts. Unlike the lengthy one-to-one support media such as email, phone, or live chat, Q&A captures those conversations and insights by displaying them directly on the product detail page - for all future customers to see. A single answer now aids multiple customers.
Do you have to remove the belt before toileting?
Asked on Feb 22, 2014 12:57:41 AM by caregiver from ohio
2 people had the same question
Part Number(s): 754 0081 03 04
Mfg Part Number(s): 3523
Scrip Part Number(s): 754 0081 03 04
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.