Astar Seat Cushion - Contoured Visco Memory Foam Seat Cushion - Each
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 7 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
Due to manufacturer's return policies, titanium wheelchairs, custom wheelchairs and other custom equipment may be returned to Allegro for repairs only - no refunds or exchanges can be made at any time.
- Dimensions: 16" x 14.5"
- Color: Blue
- Temperature-sensitive foam interacts with body heat to gently mold to your shape and provides customized comfort and evenly distributed support
- Sit comfortably for an extended time while in the office, at home, and in the car
- Washable cotton/polyester zip-off cover has an extra liner for foam protection
- 3-year warranty
The Astar Contoured Seat Cushion provides the ultimate stress-relieving support with 5.5lb/ft3 of superior quality and durable Visco Memory Foam. Manufactured with a molding process, this cushion is several times denser than regular polyurethane foams, and always recovers to its original shape. Foam that is lower density will more readily conform to pressure, whereas higher density foam molds itself to contours when warmed by body heat.
Usually, the denser the foam, the more supportive it is and the more it conforms to your body. High density foam (e.g., 6lb/ft3 ) is usually made with molding process while low density (e.g., 3.5lb/ft3)cushions use the foaming-and-cutting process.
Durability is another important quality aspect of memory foam pillows. Due to manufacturing differences, some foams lose their “slow recovery property" over a short period while high-quality foams never lose their resiliency.
Cell structure is also important. High density, high-quality foams usually have much smaller cells and thus many more cells per unit volume. This helps the foam breathe better and thus distributes weight more evenly.
How do I know which memory foam product is high quality?
- Hold It: High-density memory foam product is heavier than other products of the same size.
- Press It: If you use your hand to pressure the foam, it should recover to its original shape slowly. If the foam recovers too quickly, then the quality is probably lower.
- Look at It: High-quality foam usually has a smaller and denser cell structure. If you see big cells, then the foam’s quality is probably lower.
- Use It: If the foam loses its supportive property and feels like a regular foam after being used for a short period, then its quality is low. High-quality foam maintains its resiliency even after a long time.