Complete Amino Acid Mix - 200g - Each
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 7 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
- Balanced mix of essential and non-essential amino acids
- Provides 4g of protein equivalent per 5g of powder
- Unflavored - 7 oz Can (two cans per order)
Complete Amino Acid Mix, 328 calories/100g
Complete Amino Acid Mix is an unflavored, powdered mixture of essential and non-essential amino acids.
Complete Amino Acid Mix Main Features:
- Balanced mixture of essential and non-essential amino acids
- Supplements increased protein needs in enteral formulas
- Complete Amino Acid Mix provides 4 g of protein equivalent per 5 g of powder
- Recommended feeding concentration is 5% w/v (e.g. 5 g powder to 100 mL of water)
- Best served as a chilled drink, mixed with water, fruit juices or other formulas
- Not suitable as the sole source of nutrition; micronutrients and energy must be supplied separately
- Not for parenteral use
- Osmolality: 5% w/v = 360 mOsm/kg
Complete Amino Acid Mix Indications:
- Conditions in which a nutritionally complete feed is not suitable or a modular approach is required
- Conditions where an oligoallergenic diet is indicated, e.g. individuals intolerance to milk protein or other whole protein
- Intractable malabsorption
- Feeding difficulties in post-operative conditions
- Chronic intestinal diseases, e.g. Crohn's disease
- Short Bowel Syndrome following intestinal resection
Complete Amino Acid Mix Preparation:
Complete Amino Acid Mix must be consumed in conjunction with natural protein, fluid and other nutrients in quantities prescribed by a physician or dietitian to meet protein and general nutrient requirements.
The recommended intake of Complete Amino Acid Mix will vary depending on the age, body weight and medical condition of the individual. Intake should be adjusted to maintain normal growth and development. For accuracy, Complete Amino Acid Mix should be weighed on a gram scale. The daily intake of Complete Amino Acid Mix should be divided into equal portions and distributed throughout the day.
The recommended mixing concentration is 5% w/v (e.g. 5 g of powder to 100 mL of water). Make a paste of the required amount of powder with a small volume of chilled water or other liquids. Fill up to the desired final volume. For best results, consume immediately. Larger volumes of prepared drink should be refrigerated and used within 24 hours of preparation. Complete Amino Acid Mix may also be mixed fruit juices or other formulas. It may also be added to soft, moist foods, such as applesauce.
Storage: Store unopened container at room temperature. Do not store at extreme temperatures. Once opened, reseal container and store in a cool, dry place (not refrigerator) and use within one month.
Precaution: Must only be consumed under medical supervision. Not intended for children under one year of age. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
Complete Amino Acid Mix Nutrition Information:
Ingredients: L-Lysine L-Glutamate, L-Leucine, L-Arginine, L-Proline, L-Valine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, L-Isoleucine, L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Serine, L-Tyrosine, L-Alanine, L-Cystine, L-Tryptophan, L-Methionine, L-Glutamine, L-Glutamic Acid.