CURITY AMD Antimicrobial Gauze Sponges 12 Ply 4 x 4" Sterile 10’s in Plastic Tray
- 4" x 4", 12Ply, Sterile
- Sterile 10's in plastic tray
Kendall Cuirty AMD Antimicrobial Gauze Sponges 12-Ply
4 x 4" Sterile 10’s in Plastic Tray
Kendall Cuirty A.M.D. Sponges Antimicrobial Sponges contain PHMB(Polyhexamethylene Biguanide) which resists bacterial colonization within the dressing and penetration of the dressing. Provides protection against gram negative, gram positive and fungi/yeast microorganisms including MSRA and VRE and limits cross contamination.
Kendall Cuirty AMD Antimicrobial Gauze Sponges Features and Benefits:
- Contain PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide): Highly effective against most organisms. Limits cross-contamination from patient to patient, patient to clinician, and patient to the environment.
- Resists bacterial colonization within the dressing: Helps prevent infections from growing and spreading in the dressing.
- Reduce bacterial penetration through the dressing: Helps minimize infection exposure from strike-though.
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness provides protection against gram negative, gram positive and fungi/yeast microorganisms including MRSA and VRE: Helps reduce the risk of hospital acquired infection.
CURITY AMD Antimicrobial Gauze Sponges FAQs:
- What is PHMB?: PHMB stands for Polyhexamethylene Biguanide, which is a gentle yet efficacious antiseptic. It is in the chlorhexidine family but not as cytotoxic.
- Is PHMB safe?: Yes, PHMB is commonly found in household cleaners and contact lens solutions.
- Yes, PHMB is commonly found in household cleaners and contact lens solutions: There is no known resistance to PHMB. In fact, similar antiseptics have been commonly used for years with no major resistance. PHMB annihilates the cell wall. This mode of action makes resistance highly unlikely.
- Are AMD™ antimicrobial dressings with PHMB efficacious?: AMD™ antimicrobial dressings have been demonstrated effective against: VRE, MRSA, Acintobacter Baumannii, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococcus faecalis, Candida albicans, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Enterbacter cloacae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Proteus mirabilis, Serratia marcesens, and Staphylococcus coagulase.
- Why use an AMD™ antimicrobial dressing?: AMD™ antimicrobial dressings resist bacterial colonization, reduce bacterial penetration, limit cross-contamination, and maintain balance of native skin flora.
- Do AMD™ antimicrobial dressings impact healthy skin?: Clinical studies have shown that AMD™ antimicrobial dressings have no negative impact to epithelialization. In fact, it appears that AMD™ antimicrobial dressings help maintain native skin flora levels.
AMD is effective against:
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Escherichia coli
- Candida albicans
- Staphylococcus coagulase
- Proteus mirabilis
- Serratia marcescens
- Enterbacter cloacae
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Enterococcus faecalis