DOVER Silver Coated 100% Silicone Foley Catheters, 30 cc
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 7 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
- Composed of 100% latex-free silicone
- Smooth edges aid in the catherization process
- Minimizes leakage and maximizes drainage
- Phosphate silver hydrogel coating
- Designed to prevent encrustation
DOVER Silver Coated 100% Silicone Foley Catheters
DOVER™ 100% Silicone Foley catheter with phosphate silver ion technology.
Features and Benefits
- Phosphate Ionic Silver Hydrogel Coating - Ionic silver hydrogel coating on inside and outside of the Foley catheter. Utilizes molecular particles for a controlled store and release of ionic silver for 30 days for optimum silver relase into the urethra, Hydrogel coating provides a lubricious surface.
- Silicone Platform - Inert silicone catheter provides optimal delivery platform for ionic silver.
- 100% Silicone Material - Inert material preferred for medical devices, Less urethral irritation and stricture versus latex material, Less encrustation compared to latex catheters, 100% Latex-Free.
- Tip -- Smooth, separately molded, reinforced tip with deep stylet pocket - Resists buckling and accepts stylet securely.
- Tip -- Bullet shape - Eases insertion, less tissue trauma
- Eyes -- Smooth, hand finished - No additional urethral trauma
- Eyes -- Large, oval shaped - Ideal size for maximum drainage; design will not allow material to obstruct drainage lumen.
- Balloon -- Ribbed balloon with smooth transition to the shaft - Increases strength and symmetry and eases insertion.
- Shaft -- Soft, flexible, non-rigid - Allows for easy insertion.
- Shaft -- Round, smooth, uniform French sized surface - Reduced irritation to urethra, true French sizes.
- Shaft -- 30% larger inflation lumen due to patented extrusion process - Allows for greater flow rates.
- Shaft -- One wall construction due to patented extrusion process - Resists collapsing during forced irrigation.
- Funnel -- Separately molded, ribbed, reinforced - Assures proper seal to drain bag connector and various irrigation syringes.
- Valve -- Bespak spring-loaded valve - Provides consistent inflation/deflation of Foley catheter balloon.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is the platform for the DOVER™ Silver Foley Catheter Latex or 100% Silicone? It is a silicone platform. This is the other differing key factor, other than phosphate silver ion technology, which complements the efficient release of ionic silver. Silicone is biologically inert. Latex catheters contain negatively charged proteins which neutralize positively charged silver ions.
What is the difference between Silver Alloy technology, as utilized in Bard's comparable catheter, (alloy technology) and the phosphate silver ion technology utilized in the DOVER™ Silver catheter? Older release technologies, such as Silver Oxide (no longer used) and Silver Alloy (Bard's technology), only deliver a portion of the applied silver. Elements in the technology bind a percentage of the silver, not allowing it to release. These older technologies are not programmable and (according to Dr. Maki in his clinical trial abstract and "Engineering Out The Risk Of Infection" article) are only effective against gram positive bacteria.
What is phosphate ion silver technology? Phosphate ion silver release technology is the latest cutting-edge vehicle to efficiently deliver ionic silver from a hydrogel matrix. The optimal goal of a release technology is to deliver positively charged ionic silver from containment without neutralizing it as it is released. The programmable particle achieves this by dissolving at a predetermined rate, while releasing 100% of the ionic silver contained in the particle make up.
|Catheter Balloon Size||30 cc|