Dynamic Foot Stabilizer - DFS
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 30 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
- Flat foot control for the pediatric of adult clien
- Helps control transverse plane rotation
- Independent medial and lateral column controls
- Uniquely control the position of the rear foot
Hyperpronation (flat foot) has always been associated with pediatrics. "Growing pains" in the calf can often be related to muscle fatigue associated with hyperpronation.
The young foot has more fat and soft tissue in proportion to bone. At this development stage, control is most easily achieved with an external device. The DFS™ (Dynamic Foot Stabilizer) can uniquely control the position of the rear foot.
As the child matures through adolescence, symptoms such as heel pain (calcaneal apophysitis) and arch strain develop. Knee pain and leg cramps are common, too. Treatment with the DFS can eliminate these symptoms.
Other pediatric applications for the DFS are pronation as a result of having worn a Denis Browne bar, pediatric growing pains, and "cookie" replacement.
An adult device, too. Patients who have a tendency to develop hallux abducto valgus or have had surgical correction of bunion deformities have a high tendency for transverse plane rotation. The DFS can help control transverse plane rotation. Use it either preoperatively to prevent postgressive deformity or postoperative to help prevent recurrence.
Other applications include patients with tibial pain or have difficulty tolerating traditional orthotics due to a lack of foot control.
Patented DFS features:
- Deep 5° offset heel seat significantly reduces and decelerates pronatory motion at the subtalar joint and controls midtarsal joint motion in the horizontal plane
- Independent medial and lateral column controls with high medial and lateral flanges focus on specific control of calcaneus and medial column
- Long lateral flange for controlling abduction of the forefoot often associated with H.A.V.
- Children's size 1 - 2½
- Children's size 4 - 5½
- Children's size 6 - 7
- Children's size 7½ - 8½
- Children's size 9 - 10½
- Children's size 11 - 12½
- Children's size 13 - 13½
- Women's size 3 - 4½
- Women's size 5 - 6½
- Men's size 6 - 7½, Women's size 7 - 8½
- Men's size 8 - 9½, Women's size 9 - 10
- Men's size 10 - 10½
- Men's size 11 - 12
- Men's size 12½ - 13
- Men's size 13 and up