FreeStyle Control Solution - Pack of 2
- Ensure that meter and test strips work together
- For use with FreeStyle test strips only
- Practice testing without using blood
- Check that you are testing properly
FreeStyle Control Solution
The FreeStyle Control Solution is a red liquid that allows you to perform quality control checks to ensure that your FreeStyle Blood Glucose Monitoring System is working properly and that your blood glucose results are reliable. It is not blood. Each Control Solution contains a known amount of glucose. If the control result is within an acceptable range, you know that your monitoring system is working properly.
It is recommended that you perform a control solution test:
- When you first get your meter, before doing a blood glucose test
- When you open and begin using a new vial of test strips
- When you suspect that your meter or test strips are not working properly
- When you think your test results are not accurate, or if your test results are not consistent with how you feel
- When your meter is dropped, damaged or exposed to liquids
- When your health care provider advises you to do so
- For future reference, please see your FreeStyle Owner's Booklet
How to Perform a Control Solution Test:
Gently touch only one edge of the test strip to the control solution. Apply the control solution to the test strip edge next to one of the dark colored half-circles. If the sound prompt is on, your meter will beep when the test strip is full. Once the sample is finished processing, your meter will beep twice and the result will appear on the display screen.
To mark the result as a control solution result, press and hold the "c" button for 2 seconds. Wait for the meter to display the control solution symbol at the top of the display screen and the date and time on the bottom of the display screen. Pressing the "m" button for 2 seconds will save the test result and allow you to enter the meter’s memory.
Compare your control solution test results to the range printed on your test strip vial label. Your control solution results should fall within the range printed on the side of your test strip vial.
NOTE: It is not possible to erase or delete test results from the memory of the meter. Most meters are designed this way, as the test results in the memory of a meter are often used by health care providers, as key information for evaluation and treatment. The test results will eventually "roll out" of the memory, in the order that they were entered, once the meter memory has reached its capacity of 250 results.