Lanaflex - 15.8g sachet - Orange - Case of 40
- For dietary management of phenylketonuria (PKU)
- For individuals over 12 years of age
- Provides 6g of amino acids equivalent to 5.2g of protein
- Available in orange flavor
Lanaflex Powder - 15.8g 0.6 oz sachet - 40 calories, Orange flavor
Lanaflex is a phenylalanine-free powdered medical food containing the remaining essential amino acids (large neutral amino acids and lysine) for the dietary management of phenylketonuria (PKU) in individuals over 12 years of age who are no longer following a phenylalanine-restricted diet.
Lanaflex - Main Features
- Contains lysine and other large neutral amino acids
- Contains carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and trace elements
- One sachet of Lanaflex provides 6g of amino acids equivalent to 5.2g of protein
- Available in orange flavor - box of 30 packets
- Osmolality (at a 1 to 4 dilution): 1350 mOsm/kg
Lanaflex - Indications
Lanaflex - Preparation
The quantity of Lanaflex is dependant on the age, bodyweight, and medical condition of the individual and is to be determined by a clinician or dietitian only. The recommended quantity of Lanaflex is 0.8 g per kg bodyweight per day. This quantity should be distributed over the day in three or more portions taken along with meals. Do not exceed three sachets per day in total.
It is recommended that Lanaflex is prepared at an approximate 1 to 4 dilution. In a screw top container, add 60 mL (2 fl oz) of chilled water. Add the contents of one sachet (15.8 g) and shake well until dissolved. This will yield a final volume of 70 mL (2.3 fl oz). The product is best served as a chilled drink and consumed immediately. If taken in a more concentrated form, water or diluted drinks should be taken immediately after Lanaflex.
Store unopened sachets in a cool, dry place. Opened sachets should be stored in an airtight container and used within 24 hours.
Precaution: Not for use when planning or during pregnancy. Seek medical advice before using with serotonergic medications.