Neocate Infant with DHA and ARA - 400g - 14 oz
- For management of cow milk allergy, food protein intolerances and gastrointestinal issues
- With DHA and ARA, important nutrients found in breast milk
- Shelf Life = 1 yr
Neocate Infant with DHA and ARA
14 oz / 400g cans - Powder, 421 cal/100g
AllegroMedical.com presents The Neocate Infant with DHA and ARA. Neocate Infant with DHA and ARA is hypoallergenic and nutritionally complete for children and infants for the dietary management of cow milk allergy, multiple food protein intolerance and allergy-related gastrointestinal issues.
An elimination diet using Neocate can improve GI conditions in as little as 3 days and ensures optimal growth for infants.
Neocate Infant DHA and ARA is the first amino acid-based formula to have DHA and ARA to help your infant develop. DHA and ARA are two important nutrients naturally found in breast milk. They are important for healthy infant growth and development.
Neocate Infant with DHA and ARA - Main Features
- Includes DHA and ARA
- Nutritionally complete
- 100% non-allergenic free amino acids
- Includes important nutrients presenmt in breast milk
- Amino acid profile similar to breast milk
- Standard dilution = 0.67 kcal/mL
- Osmolality = 375 mOsm/kg
- Energy distribution: Protein: 12%/Carbohydrate: 47%/Fat:(MCT 5%/LCT 95%) 41%
- 421 calories per 100g
- 100 calories per 100 kcal
Neocate Infant with DHA and ARA - Indications
- Cow milk allergy
- Multiple food protein intolerance
- Short bowel syndrome
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Transition from parenteral to enteral nutrition
- Other medical conditions for which an amino acid-based diet is required
Neocate Infant with DHA and ARA - Preparation
Neocate Infant with DHA and ARA may be mixed with warm or cool sterile water*. Do not boil formula or use a microwave to prepare or warm formula. For standard dilution, use enclosed scoop (4.75 g) to mix one level scoop per fluid ounce of prepared formula.
How to make a 5 fluid ounce bottle:
- Add 5 scoops of Neocate Infant with DHA and ARA to a clean, sterile container.
- Fill up to the 5 fluid ounce line with warm or cool sterile water.
- Shake for 15-20 seconds or until the powder dissolves.
*Boiling is the preferred method for sterilizing water, bottles, nipples, and mixing utensils.
Freshly mixed formula is best. Refrigerate pre-mixed formula immediately and use within 24 hours of mixing. Shake immediately before use. Throw away formula left in the bottle one hour after feeding. Tube feeding hang time should not exceed 4 hours.
Neocate Infant with DHA and ARA - Storage
Cover and store open can in a cool dry place. Use within one month. Store unopened cans at room temperature. Avoid extreme temperatures.
Neocate Infant with DHA and ARA - Ingredients
Corn Syrup Solids, Refined Vegetable Oil (Soy, Coconut), High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, L-Arginine Aspartate, Tripotassium Citrate, L-Leucine, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Glutamine, L-Proline, L-Valine, Glycine, L-Isoleucine, CAEM (An Emulsifier), L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine, L-Serine, L-Histidine, L-Alanine, Sodium Chloride, L-Cystine, L-Tryptophan, L-Methionine, Magnesium Acetate, Magnesium Aspartate, Potassium Chloride, M. Alpina Oil*, Choline Bitartrate, M-Inositol, C. Cohnii Oil**, L Ascorbic Acid, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Taurine, L-Carnitine, Niacinamide, Sunflower Oil, DL-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Potassium Iodide, Chromium Sulfate, DL-Alpha Tocopherol, Phylloquinone, Sodium Molybdate, Folic Acid, Sodium Hydrogen Selenite, D-Biotin, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.
* A Source of Arachidonic Acid (ARA)
** A Source of Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)