Oxepa - 8 oz Therapeutic Nutrition - Case of 24
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 7 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
- Only Available for purchase by healthcare providers/facilities for treating patients in an institutional setting while under the care of a licensed healthcare professional.
- Can be used as a sole source of nutrition
- For ill patients on mechanical ventilation
- Low-carbohydrate and calorically dense
- Specialized complete, balanced nutrition
Unflavored 8 oz
Recloseable Tetra Carton Ready to Use
Oxepa is clinically shown to modulate the inflammatory response in critically ill, mechanically ventilated patients, especially those with SIRS (systemic inflammatory response syndrome, eg, sepsis, trauma, burns), ALI (acute lung injury) or ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome).
OXEPA is clinically shown to modulate the inflammatory response in critically ill, mechanically ventilated patients, especially those with SIRS (systemic inflammatory response syndrome, eg, sepsis, trauma, burns), ALI (acute lung injury) or ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome). For tube feeding. For sole-source nutrition. Use under medical supervision
Therapeutic Nutrition for Modulating Inflammation in Sepsis, ALI, ARDS
- Calorically dense (1.5 Cal/mL)—concentrated calories for fluid-restricted patients.
- Unique oil blend—contains 4.6 g/L of EPA and 4 g/L of GLA, to help modulate inflammation.
- Elevated antioxidants vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene.
- Meets or exceeds 100% of the RDIs for 24 essential vitamins and minerals in 1420 Cal (946 mL).
- Suitable for lactose intolerance.
- Feeding sets are for single-patient use only. Use clean technique to avoid set and/or product contamination.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Not for people with galactosemia.
Instructions for Use: 8-fl-oz-can
- Store unopened at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures.
- Shake well.
- Clean top of container thoroughly before opening.
- Once opened, cover, refrigerate and use within 48 hours.
- Follow physician's instructions.
- Adjust flow rate and volume according to patient's condition and tolerance.
- Feed by pump at room temperature with an 8 Fr or larger tube; use a 10 Fr or larger tube for gravity feeding.
- Additional fluid requirements should be met by giving water between or after feedings or when flushing the tube.
- Avoid contamination during preparation and use.
|Serving Size: 8 fl oz (237 mL)|
|Amount Per Serving||% RDI*|
|Nutrient Density, Cal/mL: 1.5|
|Protein, % Cal: 16.7|
|Fat, % Cal: 55.2|
|Carbohydrate, % Cal: 28.1|
|Cal to Meet 100% RDIs: 1420|
|mL to Meet 100% RDIs: 946|
|Total Cal:g Nitrogen: 150:1|
|Nonprotein Cal:g Nitrogen: 125:1|
|Osmolality, mOsm/kg H2O: 535|
|Renal Solute Load, mOsm/L: 512|
|Minimum Tube Size for Gravity/Pump Feeding (Fr): 10/8|
|Protein, g: 14.8|
|Fat, g: 22.2|
|Carbohydrate, g: 25.0|
|L-Carnitine, mg: 43|
|Taurine, mg: 75|
|Water, g: 186|
|Vitamin A, IU: 2840||57|
|Beta-Carotene, mg: 1.2|
|Vitamin D, IU: 100||25|
|Vitamin E, IU: 75||250|
|Vitamin K, mcg: 20||25|
|Vitamin C, mg: 205||340|
|Folic Acid, mcg: 200||50|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1), mg: 0.75||50|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), mg: 0.85||50|
|Vitamin B6, mg: 1.0||50|
|Vitamin B12, mcg: 3.0||50|
|Niacin, mg: 10||50|
|Choline, mg: 150||Not established|
|Biotin, mcg: 150||50|
|Pantothenic Acid, mg: 5.0||50|
|Sodium, mg: 310||Not established|
|Sodium, mEq: 13.5|
|Potassium, mg: 465||Not established|
|Potassium, mEq: 11.9|
|Chloride, mg: 400||12|
|Chloride, mEq: 11.3|
|Calcium, mg: 250||25|
|Phosphorus, mg: 250||25|
|Magnesium, mg: 100||25|
|Iodine, mcg: 38||25|
|Manganese, mg: 1.3||65|
|Copper, mg: 0.50||25|
|Zinc, mg: 5.7||38|
|Iron, mg: 4.5||25|
|Selenium, mcg: 18||26|
|Chromium, mcg: 30||25|
|Molybdenum, mcg: 38||51|
|* RDI percentages for adults and children 4 or more years of age.|
Water, Sodium & Calcium Caseinates, Sugar (Sucrose), Corn Maltodextrin, Canola Oil, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Marine Oil (May Contain One or More of the Following: Anchovy, Menhaden, Salmon, Sardine, Tuna), Borage Oil, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Phosphate, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Choline Chloride, Taurine, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, L-Carnitine, Salt (Sodium Chloride), Gellan Gum, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Cyanocobalamin, and Vitamin D3. Contains milk and soy ingredients.