Periflex Advance - 454g
- Dietary management of PKU
- Formulated for older children and adults
- Provides 35g of protein equivalent and 12.6g of fat per 100g of powder
- Pleasant taste, smell and texture
- Three flavor options
- 6 x 454 g - 1 lb Can (Six cans per order)
Periflex Advance - 454g, 1 lb can
Periflex Advance is a phenylalanine-free, powdered medical food for the dietary management of phenylketonuria (PKU) in older children and adults, including pregnant women and women of child-bearing age.
Periflex Advance - Main Features:
- Easy transition from Periflex Junior
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and trace elements
- Excellent balance of linoleic acid and α-linolenic acid, providing a preferable 4:1 ratio of n-6 to n-3
- Age-appropriate DRI formulation
- Provides 35 g of protein equivalent and 12.6 g of fat per 100 g of powder
- Meets protein requirements in lower volume
- Pleasant taste, smell and texture
- Available in unflavored, orange or chocolate flavors
- Optimal nutrition for all ages
- Osmolality (m0sm/kg): Dilution 1 to 5 - Unflavored 830; Orange 890; Chocolate 860. Dilution 1 to 4 - 1060 Unflavored; 1100 Orange; 1090 Chocolate
- Calories/Can - 1748 Unflavored; 1675 Orange; 1675 Chocolate
Periflex Advance - Indications:
Periflex Advance - Preparation:
Periflex Advance must be consumed in conjunction with natural protein, fluid and other nutrients in quantities prescribed by a physician or dietitian to meet protein and general nutrition requirements. Fat, carbohydrate and low protein sources may be used to supply needed calories and to fulfill essential fatty acid requirements.
Intake will vary depending on the age, body weight and medical condition of the individual. Intake is adjusted to maintain normal growth and development.
Periflex Advance is best served as a chilled drink with meals. Make a paste of the prescribed amount of powder with a small quantity of water. For accuracy, the powder should be weighed on a gram scale. Gradually add sufficient water to yield the prescribed volume. Use less water for a more concentrated dilution. Additional fluids should be offered at the same time.
Reconstituted formula should be stored in the refrigerator and used within 24 hours.
Store unopened can at room temperature. Do not store at extreme temperatures. Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not in refrigerator) and use within one month.
Precaution: Must only be consumed by children with proven phenylketonuria while under strict medical supervision. Not intended for children under one year of age. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
Periflex Advance - Ingredients:
Unflavored version of this product contains: Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Canola Oil, L-Lysine, L-Aspartate, L-Glutamine, L -Leucine, L-Tyrosine, L -Proline, L -Arginine, L-Valine, Glycine, L -Isoleucine, Magnesium Hydrogen Phosphate, L-Threonine, Tricalcium Phosphate, Tricalcium Citrate, L-Serine, Disodium Hydrogen Phosphate, L-Histidine, L-Alanine, Potassium Chloride, Choline Hydrogen Tartrate, L-Cystine, L-Tryptophan, Sugar, L-Methionine, Fractionated Coconut Oil, L-Lysine Acetate, Caem (An Emulsifier), Tripotassium Citrate, Taurine, L-Ascorbic Acid, M-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, Dl-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium D-Panthothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Sodium Molybdate, Phylloquinone, D-Biotin,Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.
|Manufacturer Number||118305, 118307|