Phlexy-10 System - Tablets - Bottle of 75
- For the dietary management of PKU
- For ages 1+
- Safe for pregnant women and women of child bearing age
- Provides 10g amino acids, equivalent to 8.33g of protein
- 75 Tablets per bottle
Phlexy-10 System is an interchangeable system of phenylalanine-free medical foods for the dietary management of phenylketonuria in individuals over the age of 1 year including pregnant women and women of child-bearing age.
Phlexy-10 - Main Features:
- Available as Phlexy-10 Drink Mix (blackcurrant/apple or tropical surprise flavor), Phlexy-10 Bar (citrus flavor), Phlexy-10 Capsules and Phlexy-10 Tablets
- Each unit (one sachet, one bar, 10 tablets or 20 capsules) provides 10 g amino acids, equivalent to 8.33 g of protein
- Weighing no longer necessary
- Phlexy-Vits available to supply vitamins, minerals, and trace elements
- Osmolality of Phlexy-10 Drink Mix (1 to 5 dilution) = 1172 mOsm/kg
Phlexy-10 - Indications:
Phlexy-10 - Preparation:
The Phlexy-10 products must be consumed in conjunction with natural protein, fluid and other nutrients in quantities prescribed by a physician or dietitian to meet phenylalanine and general nutrition requirements. Fat, carbohydrate and low protein sources may be used to supply needed calories and to fulfill essential fatty acid requirements.
Intake of the Phlexy-10 products will vary depending on the age, body weight and medical condition of the individual. Intake is adjusted to maintain normal growth and development. One packet of the drink mix, one bar, 20 capsules or 10 tablets provide 10 g of amino acids, equivalent to 8.33 g of protein.
The Phlexy-10 products do not contain vitamins, minerals, or trace elements. It is essential that these nutrients are supplied separately. Phlexy-Vits are available to be used as a supplement to the Phlexy-10 System. One 7 g packet supplies the majority of vitamins and minerals needed to meet the RDA of individuals 11 years and older.
This product should be taken with water or a non-phenylalanine containing beverage.
Phlexy-10 Tablets should be stored in a cool, dry place. Once Phlexy-10 Tablets are opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not in refrigerator) and use within one month.
Precaution: Must only be given under strict medical supervision to patients with proven phenylketonuria. Not intended for use as the sole source of nutrition. Not intended for infants under 1 year of age. Not for parenteral use.
Phlexy-10 Tablets - Ingredients
Cellulose, L-Lysine L-Aspartate, L-Leucine, L-Tyrosine, L-Proline, L-Arginine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, Glycine, L-Threonine, L-Glutamine, L-Serine, L-Histidine, L-Alanine, L-Cystine, N-Acetyl L-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, L-Carnitine.