Lantiseptic Skin Protectant - Original Ointment
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 7 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
- Works on tough skin problems
- Contains 50% lanolin, plus beeswax and petroleum
- Perfect for diaper dermatitis, chafing and ulcer prone skin
Lantiseptic Ointment - Original
Lantiseptic Skin Protectant is a unique high-lanolin emollient ointment intended to protect chafed or ulcer-prone skin, promote the healing of skin injuries and serve as a first aid treatment. It is formulated to encourage the proper moisture balance of the skin, thereby supporting the body's natural healing processes.
Lantiseptic is effective in treating the following conditions:
- Diaper Dermititis – With age, the epidermal layer of the skin, composed primarily of keratinocytes and stratum corneum, becomes dry and fragile with decreasing turgor and elasticity, predisposing the skin to irritation and breakdown. Research has shown that barrier ointments containing lanolin and petrolatum – the active ingredients in Lantiseptic – are more effective and longer-lasting in maintaining hydration and skin integrity among residents in skilled nursing homes.
- Ulcer-prone Skin – Excellent results with Lantiseptic in the care of pressure sores stages I and II have led to its introduction for general use in nursing homes. The manner of use must be adapted to the needs of the individual patient and must be in accordance with the procedures of the nursing home. The moisturizing, emollient nature of the ointment maintains a superior environment for the healing process.
- Incontinence – Lantiseptic is an effective skin protectant where urine, feces or intestinal contents irritate the skin. It should be applied to clean dry skin in sufficient quantities to act as a barrier. Its emollient action will help protect the skin and speed healing.
- Reddened or Cracked Skin – The soothing, moisturizing and protective properties of Lantiseptic make it well suited to the care of reddened or cracked skin. Specific applications should be adapted to the nature of the injury. Reddened skin will often clear overnight.
- Burns and Other Skin injuries – Lantiseptic is not intended as a primary burn therapy but its protectant and emollient actions make it a useful adjunct in the treatment of burns and other skin injuries.
|Manufacturer Number||311, 310, 305, 304|