Pulmocare Vanilla - 8 oz - Therapeutic Nutrition
- Only Available for purchase by healthcare providers/facilities for treating patients in an institutional setting while under the care of a licensed healthcare professional.
- Designed to help reduce carbon dioxide production
- Pulmocare is great for people with respiratory problems
- High-calorie, low-carbohydrate liquid formula
- For tube or oral feeding
- For supplemental or sole-source nutrition
Recloseable Tetra Carton
Ready to Use
Pulmocare is a high-calorie, low-carbohydrate formula designed to help reduce carbon dioxide production, thereby minimizing CO2 retention resulting from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, or respiratory failure. Pulmocare is appropriate for ambulatory or ventilator-dependent patients.
PULMOCARE is designed for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, or respiratory failure who may benefit from a high-calorie, modified carbohydrate and fat, enteral formula that may help reduce diet-induced carbon dioxide production. For tube or oral feeding. For supplemental or sole-source nutrition. Use under medical supervision.
- Provides complete and balanced nutrition.
- 20% of fat as MCT to enhance fat absorption.
- Elevated antioxidants vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene.
- Meets or exceeds 100% of the RDI for 24 essential vitamins and minerals in 1420 Cal (947 mL).
- Suitable for lactose intolerance.
- Not for IV use.
- Not for people with galactosemia.
|Pulmocare Product Data|
|Nutrient Density (Cal/mL)||1.5|
|Protein (% Cal)||16.7|
|Carbohydrate (% Cal)||28.2|
|Fat (% Cal)||55.1|
|Cal to meet 100% RDIs||1420|
|mL to meet 100% RDIs||947|
|Total Cal/g Nitrogen||150:1|
|Nonprotein Cal/g Nitrogen||125:1|
|Osmolality (mOsm/kg H2O)||475|
|Renal Solute Load (mOsm/L)||512|
|Viscosity||Thin (Room Temperature) Nectar-like (Chilled)|
|Minimum Tube Size for Gravity/Pump Feeding, Fr||10/8|
|Pulmocare Nutrient Data|
|8 fl oz||1000 mL|
|Total Carbohydrate, g||25.0||105.7|
|Total Fat, g||22.1||93.3|
|Brand Name||Abbott Nutrition|