TIELLE Hydropolymer Adhesive Dressing - 4 1/4" x 4 1/4"
- Eliminates need for tapes
- For use on low to moderately exudating wounds
- Maintains a moist wound environment
- Multiple size options
TIELLE Hydropolymer Adhesive Dressing
Overall 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" Pad Size 2 7/8" x 2 7/8"
TIELLE Hydropolymer Adhesive Dressing provides a dynamic exudate handling system with a highly absorbent internal wicking layer for regulating moisture from moderate to heavily exuding wounds. During use the absorbent island gently expands as it takes up exudate. The island dressing maintains a moist environment. A moist wound environment supports the wound healing process by encouraging autolytic debridement thus enabling granulation to proceed under the optimum conditions. This may initially increase lesion size, which is normal and to be expected prior to wound granulation.
TIELLE Dressing is indicated for the management of moderate to heavily exuding wounds.
TIELLE Dressing should be used under health care professional direction for the following indications:
- Pressure ulcers
- Lower extremity ulcers
- Mixed aetiology
- Diabetic ulcers
- Donor sites
TIELLE™ Dressing is suitable for use under compression bandaging.
TIELLE™ Dressing is not indicated for use on the following:
- Third-degree burns
- Lesions with active vasculitis as this type of ulcer needs more frequent observations by a healthcare professional.
TIELLE™ Dressings may be used when visible signs of infection are present in the wound area only when proper medical treatment addresses the underlying cause.
Directions for use:
- Prepare the wound according to wound management protocol.
- Ensure skin surrounding the wound is dry.
The size of the dressing selected should allow the absorbent island to overlap the wound edge by approximately 1 cm.
- Peel open the package and remove the dressing.
- Partially peel back side backing papers. Position absorbent island centrally over wound site and smooth in place.
- One at a time, peel away side backing papers while smoothing adhesive border onto intact skin.
Dressing change and removal
It is essential for proper wound management to avoid trauma to the intact skin.
- Change dressing when wound fluid is present at the edges of the foam pad. Do not allow exudate to accumulate under the backing. The dressing may be left in place up to 7 days depending upon the amount of exudate.
- On removal lift one corner and carefully peel back. On fragile or friable skin, water or saline may be used to break the adhesive seal.
Do not use if individual pack damaged/opened.
Do not resterilize.
The use by date of this product is printed on the packaging.