XMet Maxamaid - 454g - Case of 6
- Dietary management of maple syrup urine disease
- For toddlers and young children
- Pleasant orange flavored powder
- Does not contain fat
- 6 x 454 g - 1 lb Can
XMet Maxamaid - 454g, 1 lb, 1471 calories/can
XMet Maxamaid is a methionine-free powdered medical food for the dietary management of vitamin B6 non-responsive homocystinuria or hypermethioninemia in children aged 1 to 8 years.
XMet Maxamaid - Main Features:
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- XMet Maxamaid provides 25 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder
- Pleasant orange flavored powder
- Does not contain fat thereby allowing greater flexibility in modifying energy intake
- 454 gram - 1 lb Can - Six Cans Per Order
XMet Maxamaid - Indications:
- Vitamin B6 non-responsive homocystinuria
XMet Maxamaid - Preparation:
Maxamaid formulas must be consumed in conjunction with a whole protein source (e.g. breast milk or standard infant formula) in quantities prescribed by a dietitian or physician to meet complete protein requirements and ensure normal growth.
- Formula dosage will vary depending on the age, body weight, medical condition and protein tolerance of the infant.
- The daily intake of Maxamaid should be divided into equal portions and distributed throughout the day.
- Maxamaid is best served with meals. Make a paste of the prescribed amount of powder with a small volume of chilled water. Gradually add sufficient water to make the desired volume. It is recommended that Maxamaid be prepared at a 1 to 7 dilution (e.g. 35 g (approx 1/4 cup) of powder plus 245 mL (approx. 8 fl oz) of water) and advance to a 1 to 5 dilution (e.g. 35 g (approx 1/4 cup) of powder plus 175 mL (approx. 6 fl oz) of water). These dilutions are guidelines only. Maxamaid may be given in a more concentrated form (e.g. drink or paste). If so, water or diluted drinks should be offered at the same time. For best taste, consume immediately.
- Larger volumes of prepared drink mix should be refrigerated and used within 24 hours of preparation.
Store unopened can at room temperature. Do not store at extreme temperatures. Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not in refrigerator) and use within one month.
Precaution:Must only be consumed by individuals with proven homocystinuria (vitamin B6 non-responsive) and hypermethioninemia while under strict medical supervision. Not intended for children under one year of age. Not suitable as the sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
XMet Maxamaid - Ingredients
Sugar, Corn Syrup Solids, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, L-Arginine L-Aspartate, L-leucine, L-Lysine Acetate, Citric Acid, Tripotassium Citrate, L-Proline, L-Valine, Artificial Flavors, Glycine, L-Isoleucine, L-Threonine, L-Glutamine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine, L-Serine, L-Alanine, L-Histidine, Maltodextrin, Disodium Hydrogen Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Acetate, L-Cystine, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Magnesium L-Aspartate, L-Ascorbic Acid, Tricalcium Phosphate, M-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, L-Carnitine, DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Artificial Colors (Beta-Carotene, Beet Red), Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Sodium Molybdate, Phylloquinone, D-Biotin, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.