Calmoseptine Ointment - 4 oz tube
Average Customer Rating(95 ratings)
- Contains calamine, zinc oxide, menthol and lanolin
- For temporary relief of discomfort and itching
- Helps to protect and heal skin irritations
- Provides multipurpose moisture barrier
Calmoseptine Ointment helps to protect and heal skin irritations from feeding tube leakage, incontinence of urine or feces, minor burns, scrapes, diaper rash or wound drainage, fecal or vaginal fistulas, and moisture such as perspiration. Temporarily relieves discomfort and itching. Provides a multipurpose moisture barrier. Contains calamine, zinc oxide, menthol and lanolin.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF CALMOSEPTINE OINTMENT
1. Gently clean the skin with a mild skin cleanser and/or water.
2. Rinse with clean water.
3. Pat the area dry with a clean towel or gauze.
4. Apply a small amount of Calmoseptine Ointment to cover the area completely.
5. Repeat after each bowel movement or when skin becomes wet with urine or drainage. It is not necessary to remove all of the Calmoseptine when soiling occurs. Simply cleanse soiled area and reapply the Calmoseptine where needed to provide complete protection.
1. Gently cleanse area with normal saline, mild skin cleanser or soap and water.
2. Apply a thin layer of Calmoseptine to the skin around the tube.
3. If necessary to control drainage and protect clothing, cover the ointment with a drain sponge or other dressing.
4. Twice a day application is usually sufficient. If the dressing becomes saturated, it should be replaced more frequently, not reinforced. A thick dressing holds the drainage against the skin and can make the problem worse.
5. It is not necessary to remove all of the Calmoseptine with each dressing change. Simply wipe drainage away and reapply Calmoseptine and dressing.
1. Cleanse area gently and pat or air dry. It is very important that the area is thoroughly dry.
2. Apply a small amount of Calmoseptine Ointment.
3. Spread thinly and rub in well.
4. Reapply once or twice daily.
1. Remove dressing and cleanse the wound as ordered. Use wound care solution to also cleanse drainage from the skin surrounding the wound.
2. Apply a thin layer of Calmoseptine to skin surrounding the wound.
3. Cover the wound and wound edges with an appropriate dressing.
Note: Tape will not adhere to areas covered with Calmoseptine so dressing must extend beyond those areas.
Using stoma powder (i.e.: Convatec Stomahesive® Powder, Hollister Premium® Powder) or karaya powder with Calmoseptine Ointment can help it adhere to weepy and denuded areas. This forms a very protective, somewhat absorbent barrier.
1. Cleanse the area using normal saline or wound cleanser.
2. Very gently pat the area dry with sterile gauze.
3. Apply a light dusting of stoma or karaya powder to the denuded area. This creates a dry surface to help the Calmoseptine stick to the wound. Gently dust off excess powder.
4. Gently place a layer of Calmoseptine Ointment over the powdered area.
5. Apply another light coating of the powder over the Calmoseptine Ointment.
6. It may be necessary to repeat, adding another layer of Calmoseptine and powder in order to entirely cover the wound.
7. Repeat after each bowel movement or diaper or dressing change. As in above applications, it is not necessary or advisable to remove all of the Calmoseptine each time. Simply cleanse the surface and reapply the ointment where necessary.
It is not usually necessary to entirely remove Calmoseptine Ointment from the skin. Any soiled areas can be cleansed of soil leaving a thin layer of ointment. More Calmoseptine Ointment is then applied only where necessary. This minimizes trauma to the skin from friction during cleansing.
If it is necessary to thoroughly cleanse the ointment from the skin, Calmoseptine Ointment can be removed by wiping with a clean dry cloth or gauze. Skin or wound cleansers with surfactants may also be used.
If skin is tender or fragile, or if stoma powder has been used and the ointment is crusted, patting or rubbing with oil (mineral, vegetable, or baby oil) will soften the ointment for easier removal. Any residual can then be removed with soap and water or a skin or wound cleanser.
Hollister Premium® is a registered trademark of Hollister Incorporated
Customers who viewed this product ultimately ordered:
Customers who viewed this product also viewed:
Calmoseptine Ointment - 4 oz tube is also listed in these categories below:
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
Calmoseptine Ointment - 4 oz tube
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
Would this help with Lichens????
Asked on Nov 15, 2013 8:56:18 AM by Vicki from Kentucky
4 people had the same question
Yes! It helps tremendously with both the unbearable itch, the burning, and the skin tears. I have been using it for a couple of years - it brings great relief!
Answered on Jun 1, 2014 10:23:44 PM by nannasc from Anderson, SC
4 people found this helpful
Helpful | Report
Part Number(s): 168 0016, 07981400
Mfg Part Number(s): 000104
Scrip Part Number(s): 168 0016, 068 6049
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.