Curity AMD Packing Strips 1/2" wide
- 1/2" x 1 Yard, Sterile
- Comes in a plastic tray
Kendall Curity AMD™ Packing Strips
1/2" wide x 1 yard long
Curity AMD Packing Strips are impregnated with PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide), a powerful yet safe antiseptic that has a broad range effectiveness against gram positive and gram negative microorganisms including some multi-drug resistant strains such as MRSA. This exciting new product provides healthcare facilities a low cost, prophylactic method of treatment without changing nursing protocol.
Curity AMD Packing Strips Features and Benefits:
- Contain PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide): Highly effective against most organisms. Limits cross-contamination from patient to patient, patient to clinician, and patient to the environment.
- Resists bacterial colonization within the dressing: Helps prevent infections from growing and spreading in the dressing.
- Reduce bacterial penetration through the dressing: Helps minimize infection exposure from strike-though.
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness provides protection against gram negative, gram positive and fungi/yeast microorganisms including MRSA and VRE: Helps reduce the risk of hospital acquired infection.
CURITY™ AMD™ Packing Strips FAQs:
- What is PHMB?: PHMB stands for Polyhexamethylene Biguanide, which is a gentle yet efficacious antiseptic. It is in the chlorhexidine family but not as cytotoxic.
- Is PHMB safe?: Yes, PHMB is commonly found in household cleaners and contact lens solutions.
- Yes, PHMB is commonly found in household cleaners and contact lens solutions: There is no known resistance to PHMB. In fact, similar antiseptics have been commonly used for years with no major resistance. PHMB annihilates the cell wall. This mode of action makes resistance highly unlikely.
- Are AMD™ antimicrobial dressings with PHMB efficacious?: AMD™ antimicrobial dressings have been demonstrated effective against: VRE, MRSA, Acintobacter Baumannii, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococcus faecalis, Candida albicans, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Enterbacter cloacae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Proteus mirabilis, Serratia marcesens, and Staphylococcus coagulase.
- Why use an AMD™ antimicrobial dressing?: AMD™ antimicrobial dressings resist bacterial colonization, reduce bacterial penetration, limit cross-contamination, and maintain balance of native skin flora.
- Do AMD™ antimicrobial dressings impact healthy skin?: Clinical studies have shown that AMD™ antimicrobial dressings have no negative impact to epithelialization. In fact, it appears that AMD™ antimicrobial dressings help maintain native skin flora levels.
AMD is effective against:
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Escherichia coli
- Candida albicans
- Staphylococcus coagulase
- Proteus mirabilis
- Serratia marcescens
- Enterbacter cloacae
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Enterococcus faecalis
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
Curity AMD Packing Strips 1/2" wide
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
Learn about Q&AQ&A allows customers to interact with one another in asking product specific questions and receiving answers from knowledgeable fellow customers and staff experts. Unlike the lengthy one-to-one support media such as email, phone, or live chat, Q&A captures those conversations and insights by displaying them directly on the product detail page - for all future customers to see. A single answer now aids multiple customers.
How long can AMD packing strips stay in a wound?
Asked on Mar 1, 2012 6:06:32 PM by LH from Virginia
2 people had the same question
While this is an anti-microbial dressing, you should change it regularly. I was advised to change the dressing daily.
Answered on Oct 30, 2014 1:58:27 PM by AJA999 from NJ
0 people found this helpful
Helpful | Report
Part Number(s): 730 0290, 730 0292
Mfg Part Number(s): 7832AMD
Scrip Part Number(s): 730 0290, 730 0292
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.