KERLIX AMD Medium Super Sponges - Sterile 10's Rigid Tray- Pack of 10
Average Customer Rating(1 ratings)
- Resists colonization with the dressing
- Contains polyhexamethylene biguanide
- Protection against microorganisms
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness
KERLIX AMD Antimicrobial Super Sponges
Medium, 6" x 6.75" Sterile, 10 per Rigid Tray
KERLIX AMD Super Sponges are impregnated with PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide), a powerful yet safe antiseptic that has a broad range effectiveness against gram positive and gram negative microorganisms including some multi-drug resistant strains such as MRSA. This exciting new product provides healthcare facilities a low cost, prophylactic method of treatment without changing nursing protocol. In addition to its antimicrobial capabilities the KERLIX AMD Super Sponge is a superior primary and secondary dressing designed to absorb and transfer exudate away from the wound.
Product Features & Benefits:
- Contains PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide).
- Resists bacterial colonization within the dressing.
- Reduces bacterial penetration through the dressing.
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness provides protection against gram negative, gram positive, and fungi/yeast microorganisms including MRSA and VRE.
- Primary Bacterial Barrier
- Secondary Layer
Highly effective against most organisms. Limits cross-contamination from patient to patient, patient to clinician, and patient to the environment.
Helps prevent infections from growing and spreading in the dressing.
Helps minimize infection exposure from strike through.
Helps reduce risk of hospital acquired infections.
AMD™ dressings work as a contact kill and maintain log counts in the wound without negative impact to wound healing.
AMD™ dressings work to limit cross-contamination by significantly reducing bacterial growth in the pooling layer.
- Can be used as a primary dressing to minimize bacterial log counts in the wound bed.
- Can be used as a secondary dressing to eliminate growth within the gauze and protect against bacterial proliferation through the gauze.
- Dakins solution may inactivate PHMB. This will impact dressing efficacy but should not be dangerous to patient health.
Product Specifics and Packaging
- Size: Medium
- Rigid Tray Package
- 10 Gauze Sponges per package
- Single (1 each) Tray (10 Sponges total)
- Case of 48 Trays (480 Sponges total)
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
KERLIX AMD Medium Super Sponges - Sterile 10's Rigid Tray
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
Part Number(s): 730 0386
Mfg Part Number(s): 6660
Scrip Part Number(s): 730 0386
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.