PolyMem Wound Care Dressing - 6 x 6"-
- All the benefits of PolyMem technology
- Breathable, adhesive-coated cloth backing
- Ideal for resolving skin tears
- Offers exceptional patient comfort
PolyMem Wound Care Dressing - 6 x 6"
PolyMem®, known worldwide as "The Pink Dressing,"
provides a warm, moist, healing environment that promotes
formation of granulation tissue and reepithelialization...
and much more. PolyMem Dressings protect the wound as they
facilitate the body's natural healing
The model of common-sense dressing design
consist of a polyurethane membrane matrix on a
semi-permeable thin-film backing. Unlike any other
dressing, the hydrophilic membrane contains a
cleanser, a moisturizer and a super-absorbent starch
co-polymer. This unique design and patented formulation
eliminates the need for manual debridement and cleaning
during dressing changes, reducing patient discomfort and
the time and cost of dressing changes. PolyMem
facilitates the healing process by promoting the
concentration of the body's naturally produced growth
factors, nutrients and regenerated cells in the wound
The F-68 Surfactant contained in the dressing, is a mild wound cleansing agent activated by moisture and gradually released into the wound bed. Interfacial tension between healthy tissue and debris is reduced, loosening eschar and necrotic tissue, supporting autolytic debridement and keeping the wound bed clean throughout the entire wound healing process.
The Glycerin, a moisturizer contained in the dressing, keeps the dressing from adhering to the wound bed, providing comfort at the wound site. Glycerin also reduces odor, conserves living fat cells, reduces hypergranulation, soothes traumatized tissues and supports autolytic debridement.
The Super-Absorbent Starch Co-Polymer contained in the dressing, draws, absorbs and holds excess fluids in the hydrophilic membrane while allowing the body’s natural growth factors and nutrients to concentrate at the wound site.
PolyMem® Cloth-backed Adhesive Dressings deliver the advantages of PolyMem technology and the benefits of a breathable, adhesive-coated cloth backing that is exceptionally comfortable for the user. PolyMem cloth-backed adhesive dressings are ideal for treating ecchymosis and resolving skin tears caused by friction and shear.
Directions for use:
- FlRST POLYMEM® DRESSING APPLICATI0N: Prepare the wound according to wound management protocol or as directed by a physician. DO NOT CLEAN THE WOUND or flush with saline or water FOR ALL OTHER DRESSING CHANGES.
- Select a dressing so that the pink membrane is 1/4" - 1/2" larger than the wound.
- Apply the dressing film side out. DO NOT use any materials to pack the wound while using PolyMem dressings.
- DRAMATIC increase in wound fluid may be observed during the first few days.
- Keep the PolyMem dressing DRY when bathing.
- CHANGE dressing when pad is 75% saturated, or when wound fluid is present at an edge of the dressing.
- DO NOT CLEAN THE WOUND or flush with saline or water between dressing changes.
- No other topical treatments should be used in conjunction with PolyMem.
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
PolyMem Wound Care Dressing - 6 x 6"
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
Part Number(s): 730 5321
Mfg Part Number(s): 7606
Scrip Part Number(s): 730 5321
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.