3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressing - 6" x 8"
Average Customer Rating(6 ratings)
- All-in-one sterile dressing
- Breathable, yet waterproof
- Conforms to body and flexes with skin
- Frame and First Aid delivery system
3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Wound Dressing
Original Frame Style - 6" x 8"
3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Wound Dressing is a transparent film dressing primarily designed for protecting skin and wound sites. It can also be used to cover and secure I.V. sites or used as a secondary dressing over acute wounds, surgical sites, and chronic wounds. Frame style allows customization of shape and size to fit any site.
Tegaderm Film has a "frame" and "first aid" delivery system that makes placement quick and easy. This Waterproof yet Breathable film dressing provides a bacterial and viral barrier to outside contaminants and allows the patient to shower.
3M offers two, unique, different transparent adhesive dressing systems (standard and HP), giving the clinician a choice for patients with sensitive skin or a need for increased holding power in the presence of moisture.
Laboratory testing has proven Tegaderm and Tegaderm HP dressings provide a viral barrier (HIV-1 and HBV) while the dressings remain intact without leakage.
- Versatility allows you to use one product for many applications. Breathable film allows moisture vapor and oxygen exchange.
- For I.V. sites, water vapor and oxygen are easily exchanged to permit normal functioning of the skin.
- Provides a moist environment for enhanced wound healing, as viscous wound exudate is more slowly evaporated through the breathable film.
- Unique, thin film conforms to the body and flexes with the skin for greater patient comfort.
- Sterile, waterproof dressing provides a bacterial and viral barrier to outside contaminants and allows the patient to shower.
- The dressings are available in a variety of sizes and shapes to address both wound and I.V. applications.
- Frame delivery system allow maximum versatility as it can be cut to any shape and size.
- The hydrophilic nature of Tegaderm™ Film adhesive makes it adherent and useful in sensitive skin situations.
- Transparent dressings allow easy monitoring of wounds without the need to remove dressing.
- For use in wound care and skin protection:
- Clean, closed surgical incisions
- Abrasions, skin tears, blisters
- Skin graft donor sites
- Superficial partial thickness burns
- Stage I or II pressure ulcers
- Autolytic debridement facilitated by the moist wound healing environment
- Secondary dressing
- Protective eye coverings
- Skin protection against moisture, friction
- Post tattoo application and removal
- To cover and protect I.V. catheter sites and secure devices to the skin:
- Peripheral and midline venous catheters
- Central venous catheters
- Implanted infusion devices (ports)
- Dialysis catheters
- Pulmonary artery catheters
- Arterial catheters
- Epidural catheters
Product Specifics and Packaging
- Size: 6" x 8"
- Original Frame Style
- Standard Adhesive
- Packaged in pouch containing 1 dressing
- Single (1 each) Pouch
- Box of 10 pouches
Not so worried
3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressing - 6" x 8" is also listed in these categories below:
You have already voted for this. Thank you
You cannot vote for your own question or answer. Thank you
Q&A: Question About?
3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressing - 6" x 8"
Ask the community about this product and get answers. Share your knowledge and advice.
Learn More about Q&A.
Learn about Q&AQ&A allows customers to interact with one another in asking product specific questions and receiving answers from knowledgeable fellow customers and staff experts. Unlike the lengthy one-to-one support media such as email, phone, or live chat, Q&A captures those conversations and insights by displaying them directly on the product detail page - for all future customers to see. A single answer now aids multiple customers.
Will a dressing for Dialysis allow me to take showers? How much? How do i order them?
Asked on Sep 5, 2011 9:29:10 AM by Granny from liverpool NY
0 people had the same question
While the film is waterproof, the site is usually not completely smooth, so water sometimes enters thru the edges.
Answered on Mar 25, 2014 8:44:08 AM by PapaD from USA
0 people found this helpful
Helpful | Report
Part Number(s): 730 1512 18, 730 5916
Mfg Part Number(s): 1628
Scrip Part Number(s): 730 1512 18, 730 5916
Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you place the item in your shopping cart. Retailers like Allegro Medical have the legal right to sell products at prices we set. However, adding the item to your cart allows us to show you our lower price consistent with our promise of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of medical supplies, medical equipment and life enhancing products.
Adding this item to your shopping cart won't require you to buy it. However, our prices do change. If you decide to purchase this item now you are guaranteed the price now displayed in your shopping cart. Complete your purchase by clicking on the "checkout" button or simply remove the product from your cart if you decide not to make your purchase at this time.