Allevyn Adhesive Hydrocellular Dressing - 5 x 5"
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 7 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
- Absorbent hydrocellular pad
- Dressing is held securely in place
- Low allergy adhesive eliminates rolling
- Perforated adhesive wound contact layer
Allevyn Adhesive Hydrocellular Dressing
5 x 5" (Pad Size 4 x 4")
Allevyn Adhesive Hydrocellular Dressing provides the advantages of Allevyn hydrocellular dressings in a adhesive format for simple and effective fixation. Allevyn Adhesive is indicated for exudate absorption and the management of partial to full thickness wounds. Some typical wounds are:
- Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
- Pressure Sores
- Donor Sites
- Surgical Incisions
- Surgical Excisions
- Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
Creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound. Provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound.
Do not use any Allevyn product with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions (eg Dakins) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressings. As with all adhesive products, some cases of irritation and/or maceration of the skin surrounding the wound have been reported. It should be noted that too frequent dressing changes, particularly on patients with fragile skin, may result in skin stripping. If reddening or sensitization occur, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional. Allevyn Adhesive is not indicated for use on third degree burns.
Allevyn Adhesive Hydrocellular Dressing Features:
- Low allergy adhesive
- Tapered construction with micro-thin edges
- Unique trilaminate structure
- Perforated wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
- Waterproof outer film layer
- Full range of sizes
Convenient adhesive presentation: The wound contact layer of Allevyn Adhesive is coated with a low allergy adhesive which is designed to adhere well to intact skin, but not to wounds. The adhesive is non-irritating.
Highly absorbent: In-vitro studies and clinical experience demonstrate that Allevyn Adhesive dressings can stay in place for up to seven days. This capacity results from a combination of properties:
- The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing
- The hydrocellular core of the dressing absorbs and holds liquid in its microscopic structure
- The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing
Moist Wound Environment: Allevyn Adhesive creates and maintains a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, helping prevent eschar formation.
Profiled Dressing Edges: Allevyn Adhesive has a profiled cross-section, narrowing to micro-thin edges which helps ensure the dressing remains securely in place and prevents accidental removal by friction between the dressing and clothes and bedding.
|Brand Name||Smith & Nephew|