BioPatch Antimicrobial Dressings - Fenestrated Disks, Sterile
- Previously Johnson & Johnson Models 3150, 3151 and 3152
- The only dressing proven to reduce CRBSI
- Inhibits growth of bacteria for up to 7 days
- More effective than impregnated catheters
- Non-toxic, non-irritating
- Highly absorbent, absorbs up to 8 times its weight in fluid
- Use w/IV catheters, central venous lines, arterial catheters & PICC lines
- Also used for orthopedic pins, epidural catheters and drain tubes
BIOPATCH Antimicrobial Dressing
Fenestrated Disks, Sterile
J&J Ethicon's Biopatch Disk is a hydrophilic polyurethane, absorptive foam with chlorhexidrine gluconate (CHG), a well-known antiseptic agent with antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
Ideal for use with IV catheters, central venous lines, arterial catheters and PICC lines. Also used for orthopedic pins, epidural catheters and drain tubes.
Highly absorbent, the foam material absorbs up to 8 times its weight in fluid while the CHG incorporated into the dressing inhibits growth of bacteria for up to 7 days.
Ethicon improved upon the ease of use by adding a visual indicator to the disc - blue side up. The Biopatch is the first and only percutaneous device dressing proven to reduce Catheter Related Blood Stream Infections (CRBSI).
Not for use on premature infants or patients with known sensitivity to CHG. Safety and effectiveness in children under 16 years of age has not been established.
Model 4150 (formerly 3150)
Model 4151 (formerly 3151)
Model 4152 (formerly 3152)
|Manufacturer Number||4150, 4152, 4151|