EXCILON AMD Antimicrobial I.V. Sponges 2 x 2"
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 7 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
- Resists colonization with the dressing
- Contains polyhexamethylene biguanide
- Protection against microorganisms
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness
Kendall Excilon AMD Antimicrobial I.V. Sponges - 2" x 2"
Sterile 2's in Peel Back Package, 6-Ply
EXCILON AMD Drain Sponges are impregnated with PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide), a powerful yet safe antiseptic that has a broad range effectiveness against gram positive and gram negative microorganisms including some multi-drug resistant strains such as MRSA. This exciting new product provides healthcare facilities a low cost, prophylactic method of treatment without changing nursing protocol.
Product Features & Benefits:
- Contains PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide).
- Resists bacterial colonization within the dressing.
- Reduces bacterial penetration through the dressing.
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness provides protection against gram negative, gram positive, and fungi/yeast microorganisms including MRSA and VRE.
- Primary Bacterial Barrier
- Secondary Layer
Highly effective against most organisms. Limits cross-contamination from patient to patient, patient to clinician, and patient to the environment.
Helps prevent infections from growing and spreading in the dressing.
Helps minimize infection exposure from strike through.
Helps reduce risk of hospital acquired infections.
AMD™ dressings work as a contact kill and maintain log counts in the wound without negative impact to wound healing.
AMD™ dressings work to limit cross-contamination by significantly reducing bacterial growth in the pooling layer.
- Smaller sized pad is slit to accommodate I.V. tubing.
- Can be used as a primary dressing to minimize bacterial log counts in the wound bed.
- Can be used as a secondary dressing to eliminate growth within the gauze and protect against bacterial proliferation through the gauze.
- Dakins solution may inactivate PHMB. This will impact dressing efficacy but should not be dangerous to patient health.
Product Specifics and Packaging:
- Size: 2" x 2"
- Pad is slit to accommodate I.V. tubing
- 2 Gauze Sponges per package
- Single (1 each) Pouch (2 Sponges total)
- Box of 35 Pouches (70 Sponges total)
- Case of 20 boxes (1400 Sponges total)