KERLIX AMD Medium Super Sponges - 6 x 6.75", Sterile 2's
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 7 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
- Resists colonization with the dressing
- Contains polyhexamethylene biguanide
- Protection against microorganisms
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness
Kendall Kerlix AMD Antimicrobial Super Sponges
Medium 6 x 6.75" Sterile 2's in Soft Pouch Package of 2
Kendall Kerlix AMD Super Sponges are impregnated with PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide), a powerful yet safe antiseptic that has a broad range effectiveness against gram positive and gram negative microorganisms including some multi-drug resistant strains such as MRSA. This exciting new product provides healthcare facilities a low cost, prophylactic method of treatment without changing nursing protocol. In addition to its antimicrobial capabilities the KERLIX AMD Super Sponge is a superior primary and secondary dressing designed to absorb and transfer exudate away from the wound.
Product Features & Benefits:
- Contains PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide).
- Resists bacterial colonization within the dressing.
- Reduces bacterial penetration through the dressing.
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness provides protection against gram negative, gram positive, and fungi/yeast microorganisms including MRSA and VRE.
- Primary Bacterial Barrier
- Secondary Layer
Highly effective against most organisms. Limits cross-contamination from patient to patient, patient to clinician, and patient to the environment.
Helps prevent infections from growing and spreading in the dressing.
Helps minimize infection exposure from strike through.
Helps reduce risk of hospital acquired infections.
AMD dressings work as a contact kill and maintain log counts in the wound without negative impact to wound healing.
AMD dressings work to limit cross-contamination by significantly reducing bacterial growth in the pooling layer.
- Can be used as a primary dressing to minimize bacterial log counts in the wound bed.
- Can be used as a secondary dressing to eliminate growth within the gauze and protect against bacterial proliferation through the gauze.
- Dakins solution may inactivate PHMB. This will impact dressing efficacy but should not be dangerous to patient health.
Product Specifics and Packaging
- Size: Medium
- Soft Pouch Package
- 2 Sterile Gauze Sponges per package
- Single (1 each) Pouch (2 Sponges total)
- Box of 20 Pouches (40 Sponges total)
- Case of 12 boxes (480 Sponges total)
KERLIX A.M.D. Dressings have been demonstrated to be effective against:
- MRSA and VRE
- Candida albicans
- Escherichia coli
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Staphylococcus epidermis
- Enterococcus faecalis
- Enterbacter cloacae
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Proteus mirabilis
- Serratia marcescens