US 1000 3rd Edition Portable Ultrasound Unit
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 7 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
1-800-861-3211 or Contact Us online.
US 1000TM 3rd Edition Portable Ultrasound Unit
Great for a second office unit, mobile therapy, sporting events, start up clinics, prescription to patients. Ultrasound is a form of deep heating in which sound waves penetrate into the soft tissues. It is especially useful in relieving acute pain and aids in tissue healing. This unit is an FDA approved portable therapeutic ultrasound unit, now with 3 power output settings. Caution: Do not submerge unit in water.
- Power Source: AC Adaptor (DC 24V/200mA)
- Output Frequency: 1.0 MHz +-10%
- Temporal Maximum Power: 8W +-10%
- Output Intensity: Low 1.6W (0.11 W/cm2), Medium 2.6W (0.24 W/cm2), High 4.6W (0.47 W/cm2)
- Duty Cycle: Low 7% ,Med 15%, Hi 30%
- Output Mode: Pulse
- Pulse Width: 5.4ms +-10%
- Repetition Rate: 150Hz +10%
- Timer Setting: 30 minutes auto-off +-1%
- Dimensions: 14"L x 10"W x 4"H
- Weight of unit: 120 g
- 6 Month Manufacturer Warranty on unit
- AC adapter
- Ultrasound gel
- Durable plastic carrying case
- Instruction booklet
Ultrasound treatments are commonly used for pain relieve and inflammation, reduce muscle spasms, increase range of motion and to speed the healing process.
Using ultrasound equipment can be challenging, especially for first-time users. Before you use it, follow these instructions:
- Connect the adapter to an AC power source. DC energy can result in excess voltage hence damaging the equipment.
- Apply sufficient ultrasound gel to the targeted area.
- Power on the device.
- Put the portable ultrasound head on the section you want to massage. Move it in a circular or linear motion and repeat the process gently around the targeted area. You should move it at about one inch per second and ensure you do not stop until the treatment is complete.
- Using the portable ultrasound can sometimes cause discomfort, so take special care to minimize unpleasant sensations.
- Since the equipment has an internal timer, it will go off after 10 minutes, but you can turn it off before that time if you are through with the process.
- After the process, you can remove the gel using a towel soaked in clean water and follow up with a bath.
- You can use the soaked towel to remove the excess gel from the head of the ultrasound. Ensure the gel is completely wiped off, then disinfect the head using completely antiseptic wipes. Do not immerse it in any solvent or water; this can cause a power surge.
- However, if you plan to reuse it, leave it to rest for about 40 minutes, and begin the process again. Ensure you disconnect the unit from the power source while it rests.
Precautions When Using the Device
- The device should not be used on patients with hemorrhagic diatheses.
- Do not use on areas on or around the spinal column, especially if you have had back surgery in the past.
- Always keep the head moving, and if the usage causes some discomfort, seek a physician’s advice.
- Do not use over areas with metallic implants or cement matrices.
- Do not use alongside other electromagnetic equipment such as scanners and ECG machines.
- Do not use in regions with tumors or areas already subjected to chemotherapy sessions.
|Brand Name||Roscoe Medical - Compass Health|