PolyMem Wound Care Dressing - 4" x 4" Non-Adhesive Pad
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 30 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
- Bacteriostatic properties
- Feels like foam, maintains moist environment
- PolyMem's renowned wound healing agents
- Wound cleanser and moisturizer
PolyMem Wound Care Dressing
4" x 4" Non-adhesive
PolyMem®, known worldwide as "The Pink Dressing,"
provides a warm, moist, healing environment that promotes
formation of granulation tissue and reepithelialization...
and much more. PolyMem Dressings protect the wound as they
facilitate the body's natural healing
The model of common-sense dressing design
consist of a polyurethane membrane matrix on a
semi-permeable thin-film backing. Unlike any other
dressing, the hydrophilic membrane contains a
cleanser, a moisturizer and a super-absorbent starch
co-polymer. This unique design and patented formulation
eliminates the need for manual debridement and cleaning
during dressing changes, reducing patient discomfort and
the time and cost of dressing changes. PolyMem
facilitates the healing process by promoting the
concentration of the body's naturally produced growth
factors, nutrients and regenerated cells in the wound
The F-68 Surfactant contained in the dressing, is a mild wound cleansing agent activated by moisture and gradually released into the wound bed. Interfacial tension between healthy tissue and debris is reduced, loosening eschar and necrotic tissue, supporting autolytic debridement and keeping the wound bed clean throughout the entire wound healing process.
The Glycerin, a moisturizer contained in the dressing, keeps the dressing from adhering to the wound bed, providing comfort at the wound site. Glycerin also reduces odor, conserves living fat cells, reduces hypergranulation, soothes traumatized tissues and supports autolytic debridement.
The Super-Absorbent Starch Co-Polymer contained in the dressing, draws, absorbs and holds excess fluids in the hydrophilic membrane while allowing the body’s natural growth factors and nutrients to concentrate at the wound site.
PolyMem® Cloth-backed Adhesive Dressings deliver the advantages of PolyMem technology and the benefits of a breathable, adhesive-coated cloth backing that is exceptionally comfortable for the user. PolyMem cloth-backed adhesive dressings are ideal for treating ecchymosis and resolving skin tears caused by friction and shear.
PolyMem's Directions for use:
- FlRST POLYMEM® DRESSING APPLICATI0N: Prepare the wound according to wound management protocol or as directed by a physician. DO NOT CLEAN THE WOUND or flush with saline or water FOR ALL OTHER DRESSING CHANGES.
- Select a dressing so that the pink membrane is 1/4" - 1/2" larger than the wound.
- Apply the dressing film side out. DO NOT use any materials to pack the wound while using PolyMem dressings.
- DRAMATIC increase in wound fluid may be observed during the first few days.
- Keep the PolyMem dressing DRY when bathing.
- CHANGE dressing when pad is 75% saturated, or when wound fluid is present at an edge of the dressing.
- DO NOT CLEAN THE WOUND or flush with saline or water between dressing changes.
- No other topical treatments should be used in conjunction with PolyMem.