SILVERCEL Antimicrobial Alginate Dressing - 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" Square Pad
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 7 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
- Great for pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers & surgical wounds
- An effective barrier to bacterial penetration
- Combines Silver and Alginate into one unique dressing
SILVERCEL Antimicrobial Alginate Dressing
SILVERCEL Antimicrobial Alginate Dressing provides the broad-spectrum antimicrobial action of silver with enhanced exudate management properties of alginate technology. The Sivercel Alginate Dressing comes in a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" square pad. Use SILVERCEL as a primary dressing. Alginate forms a gel on contact with exudate. Cover with a non-occlusive secondary dressing. Do not use Alginate on third-degree burns or with patients with known sensitivity to silver or alginates.
SILVERCEL Antimicrobial Alginate Dressing is an effective barrier to bacterial penetration. The barrier functions of the dressing may help reduce infection in moderate to heavily exuding partial and full thickness wounds including: pressure ulcers; venous ulcers; diabetic ulcers; donor sites; traumatic and surgical wounds
The Strength of Silver...
- Effective antimicrobial strength against a broad range of microorganisms in vitro
- Effective against over 150 clinically relevant strains of bacteria, including resistant strains MRSA, MRSE and VRE
- Maintains tensile strength in vitro—even when wet
- Allows for easy, intact removal of dressing in moderate to highly exuding wounds
...with Proven Endurance.
- Sustained release of silver for ongoing antimicrobial protection
- Maintains balanced release of silver ions within wound fluid for up to 7 days in vitro
- Ideal for use with compression therapy
- Does not stain the wound
- Highly absorbent antimicrobial dressing
- Alginate forms a gel to absorb and manage moderate to large volumes of exudate
- When moist—conforms to the wound bed for complete coverage