ALGICELL Ag - Silver Alginate Wound Dressing
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 7 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
- Calcium Alginate dressing with antimicrobial silver - 1.4%
- Maintains a moist environment
- Reduces the risk of infection
- Gels well, minimizes fibrous residue
- Remains intact
- Won't leave silver coated nylon thread residue
- Highly cost effective
ALGICELL Ag Calcium Alginate with Antimicrobial Silver
ALGICELL Ag provides superior bactericidal action that goes to work almost immediately, with kill rates that approximate 99.99%. Long lasting broad spectrum properties provide an effective barrier to bacterial penetration and protect wound dressing against bacterial colonization.
Antimicrobial efficacy: ALGICELL™ Ag provides a long-lasting antimicrobial affect against microorganisms such as S. aureus and P. aeruginosa.
ALGICELL™ Ag is composed of 1.4% silver - offering the maximum level of efficacy with no harm to healthy tissue. With sophisticated ionic transfer technology, Algicell Ag provides a controlled and sustained release of antimicrobial silver that wins against infectious pathogens.
In the presence of wound exudate, the sodium ions from the exudate take the place of the silver ions, releasing the silver ions. As wound exudate is absorbed, the alginate forms a gel, which assists in maintaining a moist environment for optimal wound healing, and allows intact removal.
Absorption with an optimal gelling profile
- ALGICELL™ Ag, comprised of a proprietary blend of mannuronic (high gelling) and guluronic (high wet-strength) alginic acids, is designed to gel well while keeping its physical integrity for intact removal
- The dressing’s high absorption capacity also helps to reduce the risk of tissue maceration and allows for increased time between dressing changes.
- Unlike other products, ALGICELL™ Ag does not leave any silver coated nylon thread residue in the wound upon removal of the dressing.
Dressing is magnified 600% after saturation with hypertonic saline solution.
Because ALGICELL™ Ag is highly cost effective, it can be used more often to help reduce the risk of infection in moderately to heavily exuding wounds that include:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Leg ulcers (venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology)
- Pressure ulcers/sores (partial and full thickness)
- Donor sites
- Traumatic and surgical wounds
ALGICELL™ Ag is not indicated for treatment of third degree burns, patients with a known sensitivity to alginates or silver, or control of heavy bleeding.
|Brand Name||Derma Sciences|
|Manufacturer Number||88545, 88544|