Allevyn Polyurethane Foam Dressings - Hydrocellular, Non-adhesive
- Unique trilaminate structure
- Non adherent wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
- Waterproof outer film layer
- Non adhesive
- Full range of sizes
Hydrocellular Polyurethane Dressing
In-vitro studies and clinical experience both demonstrate that ALLEVYN non-adherent dressings can stay in place for up to seven days.
This capacity results from a combination of properties:
- The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing.
- The hydrocellular core of the dressing absorbs and retains liquid in its microscopic structure.
- The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing.
ALLEVYN dressings have a polyurethane wound contact layer which prevents adherence to a full range of wound types.
Helps create and maintain a moist wound environment
The outer, pink layer used on ALLEVYN dressings is a breathable film layer. This allows the formation and maintenance of a moist wound environment at the wound surface, which helps prevent eschar formation. The pink film is also waterproof and aids in the prevention of bacterial contamination.
ALLEVYN dressings are non-adhesive and are therefore recommended for wounds surrounded by sensitive skin, such as venous ulcers. The lack of adhesive allows the use of the most suitable retention method, for example, tape onto intact skin, appropriate bandaging or a film dressing such as OPSITE.
Easy to use
ALLEVYN dressings are conformable and can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations. As ALLEVYN dressings absorb exudate, they may swell slightly, but do not leave debris in the wound. Dressing changes are therefore easier for the nurse and less traumatic for the patient; wound irrigation can be kept to a minimum. The progression of exudate through the dressing is visible through the pink top film.
Soft and cushioning
ALLEVYN dressings are soft and cushioning, providing excellent patient comfort.
- ALLEVYN Hydrocellular Foam Dressing is indicated for exudate absorption and the management of partial to full thickness wounds. Some typical wounds are:
- Creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound.
- Provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound.
Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
Do not use ALLEVYN dressings with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions (e.g. Dakins) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent hydrocellular component of the dressing.
Reddening of the skin around the wound has been reported rarely following the use of ALLEVYN dressings. In some cases this relates to irritation of fragile skin, in others, wound exudate remaining in contact with normal skin for prolonged periods may be the cause.
Infrequently, cases of sensitivity to the dressing have also been reported.
If reddening or sensitization occur, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
ALLEVYN Hydrocellular Foam Dressing is not indicated for use on third degree burns.
|Brand Name||Smith & Nephew|
|Manufacturer Number||66027643, 66927637, 66020093, 66927638|