Duocal Powder - 400g
- Adaptable energy enhancer
- Can be used orally or in tube feedings
- Completely soluble in water without altering taste
- For protein and/or electrolyte restricted diets
- Shelf Life = 3 yrs
Duocal - Unflavored Powder - 14 oz (400 grams)can
Duocal Powder is a high-calorie, protein-free, lactose-free, gluten-free powdered food that can be used orally or in tube feedings. Duocal Powder provides fat and carbohydrate for increased caloric intake for children over 1 year old. Duocal was developed specifically for protein and/or electrolyte restricted diets. Super Soluble Duocal Powder is completely soluble in water, liquids and moist foods without altering taste. Unflavored. 1968 calories in each can.Indications for Duocal Powder:
- Disorders of protein and amino acid metabolism
- Protein restricted diets
- Electrolyte restricted diets
- High Energy Diets
- Failure to thrive
- Other conditions where extra calories are required
|Duocal Nutrients||Per 100 g of Powder|
|Sodium, mg||≤ 20|
|Potassium, mg||≤ 5|
|Chloride, mg||≤ 20|
|Calcium, mg||≤ 5|
|Phosphorus, mg||≤ 5|
Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Blend of Refined Vegetable Oils (Corn, Coconut), Medium Chain Trigylcerides (Fractionated Coconut Oil), Mono and Diglycerides, Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Monoglycerides.
Duocal directions for Preparation and Use
Intake to be determined by a medical professional and is dependent on the age, body weight and medical condition of the patient.
Duocal can be used for oral or tube feeding:
- Measure the prescribed amount of Super Soluble Duocal Powder.
- Add powder to the required volume of liquid and/or soft food and stir continuously until the powder has dissolved.
- Unused foods mixed with Super Soluble Duocal Powder should be refrigerated and used within 24 hours.
|Level Measure||Gram Weight||Calories|
|1 Tablespoon||8.5 g||42|
|¼ Cup||30 g||148|
|½ Cup||56 g||276|
|1 Cup||117 g||576|
Please Note: Household measurements are approximations only. For most accurate results, use a gram scale.
Precaution: Use only under strict medical supervision. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use. Not suitable for children under one year of age.
Store unopened can of Duocal at room temperature. Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place ( not in a refrigerator ) and use within one month.