3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressing - 6" x 8"
Shop AllegroMedical.com with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 7 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.
- All-in-one sterile dressing
- Breathable, yet waterproof
- Conforms to body and flexes with skin
- Frame and First Aid delivery system
3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Wound Dressing
Original Frame Style - 6" x 8"
3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Wound Dressing is a transparent film dressing primarily designed for protecting skin and wound sites. It can also be used to cover and secure I.V. sites or used as a secondary dressing over acute wounds, surgical sites, and chronic wounds. Frame style allows customization of shape and size to fit any site.
Tegaderm Film has a "frame" and "first aid" delivery system that makes placement quick and easy. This Waterproof yet Breathable film dressing provides a bacterial and viral barrier to outside contaminants and allows the patient to shower.
3M offers two, unique, different transparent adhesive dressing systems (standard and HP), giving the clinician a choice for patients with sensitive skin or a need for increased holding power in the presence of moisture.
Laboratory testing has proven Tegaderm and Tegaderm HP dressings provide a viral barrier (HIV-1 and HBV) while the dressings remain intact without leakage.
- Versatility allows you to use one product for many applications. Breathable film allows moisture vapor and oxygen exchange.
- For I.V. sites, water vapor and oxygen are easily exchanged to permit normal functioning of the skin.
- Provides a moist environment for enhanced wound healing, as viscous wound exudate is more slowly evaporated through the breathable film.
- Unique, thin film conforms to the body and flexes with the skin for greater patient comfort.
- Sterile, waterproof dressing provides a bacterial and viral barrier to outside contaminants and allows the patient to shower.
- The dressings are available in a variety of sizes and shapes to address both wound and I.V. applications.
- Frame delivery system allow maximum versatility as it can be cut to any shape and size.
- The hydrophilic nature of Tegaderm™ Film adhesive makes it adherent and useful in sensitive skin situations.
- Transparent dressings allow easy monitoring of wounds without the need to remove dressing.
- For use in wound care and skin protection:
- Clean, closed surgical incisions
- Abrasions, skin tears, blisters
- Skin graft donor sites
- Superficial partial thickness burns
- Stage I or II pressure ulcers
- Autolytic debridement facilitated by the moist wound healing environment
- Secondary dressing
- Protective eye coverings
- Skin protection against moisture, friction
- Post tattoo application and removal
- To cover and protect I.V. catheter sites and secure devices to the skin:
- Peripheral and midline venous catheters
- Central venous catheters
- Implanted infusion devices (ports)
- Dialysis catheters
- Pulmonary artery catheters
- Arterial catheters
- Epidural catheters
Product Specifics and Packaging
- Size: 6" x 8"
- Original Frame Style
- Standard Adhesive
- Packaged in pouch containing 1 dressing
- Single (1 each) Pouch
- Box of 10 pouches