Hurry, ends in:


Gait Trainers - Gait Trainer Walkers & Gait Trainer Accessories

Gait trainers are designed to help people learn to walk or move naturally again following a stroke, an injury, illness or any other physical impairment. These devices offer controlled motion which prevents the user from falling by maintaining balance and offering appropriate support while they build strength in their legs. You can find accessories such as ankle straps, tilt bars, and forearm supports to provide additional comfort and stability as needed during physical therapy sessions. is your number-one source for high-quality gait trainers and accessories. Shop from industry-leading brands for the best prices guaranteed, ensuring that you get the best value available.

Read MoreRead Less
110 Guarantee

Price Guarantee

Shop with confidence and know you're getting a great deal! However, if you find a lower price (including shipping) on another website, we'll match it. Just call or email us, either before you've made your purchase or within 30 days after your purchase. Some restrictions apply. Read our Best Price Guarantee for complete details.

1-800-861-3211 or Contact Us online.

3 Items

Set Descending Direction
per page
  1. Meywalk 2000 Gait Trainer Meywalk 2000 Gait Trainer
  2. Thigh Prompts for Trekker Gait Trainer Thigh Prompts for Trekker Gait Trainer
  3. Forearm Platform for Trekker Gait Trainer Forearm Platform for Trekker Gait Trainer
per page


What exactly is gait training?

Gait training is a form of physical therapy that can help you stand and walk better. Most likely, you would need gait training if you've suffered an injury from an accident or endured severe illness. The focus of gait training increases your mobility by strengthening muscles and joints, boosting endurance, improving balance and posture, stimulating muscle memory, and re-training your legs for repetitive walking.

To effectively administer gait training, physical therapists use mobility aids like the Meywalk 2000 Gait Trainer and walking assist equipment like gait belts. Also, the physical therapist will require you to walk on a treadmill, do bodyweight core exercises, and use muscle-strengthening equipment like resistance bands and light hand weights. They may also ask you to do leg lifts, sitting down/standing up drills, and practice stepping over things.

What is the difference between a walker and a gait trainer?

Gait trainers and walkers promote independence by allowing you to walk more comfortably. But gait trainers specifically cater to children and adults who need to develop weight-bearing strength and walking skills. On the other hand, walkers and wheeled walkers accommodate people with partial or complete weight-bearing ability and with more balance and stability than gait walker users.

Unlike walkers, gait trainers feature varying levels of support with modular accessories and products like Thigh Prompts for the Trekker Gait Trainer. You can include or remove the training aids according to need and ability. In addition, gait trainers can cover the range of teaching a person to take a few steps to move comfortably with a weight-bearing gait.

What is a posterior gait trainer?

A posterior gait trainer is a type of gait trainer for individuals lacking the functional gait skills or posture to maneuver with a standard walker. While supporting an upright posture and natural walking technique, the posteriors gait promotes cognitive and neuromuscular learning at a much lower starting point. As a result, people with minimal mobility can receive increased cardiovascular capacity, muscle development, and gait control. Most models feature a pelvic stabilizer, seat harness, ankle prompts, positioning bar, and one-directional rear wheels.

Does insurance cover gait walkers?

Medicare Part B and most State Medicaid programs cover gait training, provided they are medically necessary. Medicare requires that a Medicare-approved physician prescribes a gait walker to you for temporary or permanent home use. Like walkers, wheelchairs, walking canes, and rollators, Medicare Plan B considers gait walkers as Durable Medical Equipment (DME). As such, it will pay 80% of the cost of your gait trainer when you purchase it through a DME supplier enrolled in Medicare. You are responsible for the remaining 20% of the price. Also, many states’ Medicaid programs generally follow the same rules as Medicare.

The information, including but not limited to text, graphics, images, charts, and any other material on this site, is intended for informational purposes only and does not take the place of medical guidance provided by your physician. No information on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult a qualified medical professional about your condition or circumstances before undertaking a new healthcare regimen.