MEPILEX Ag Foam Dressing- 4" x 4" (10 x 10cm)
- Highly absorbent foam dressing
- Effective sustained release of silver
- Absorbs exudate effectively
- Safetac Technology - Less Painful Wound Management
MEPILEX Ag Foam Dressing
AllegroMedical.com presents The MEPILEX Ag Foam Dressing. Mepilex Ag is a version of Mepilex where silver has been added. Silver kills bacteria and might be used both for preventing infection and also on wounds with signs of local infection. Your doctor or nurse will know if your wound needs to be treated with a silver dressing.
The unique and patented Safetac® adhesive makes sure that your dressing can be changed without damaging the wound or skin around it. This makes the dressing change as pain free as possible and also makes sure that the skin around your wound stays dry and healthy. If you want to learn more about Safetac.
Safetac technology makes dressing changes less painful because:
- It adheres gently to dry skin but never to a moist wound
- It moulds to the wound and surrounding skin. This means that the dressing is easier to remove and does not pull away new tissue in the wound or the skin around the wound
- It seals the edges of the wound and protects the skin around the wound from becoming waterlogged
Areas of use:
- Mepilex Ag is a versatile dressing that can be used on many different wounds - your nurse or doctor will know.
Typical wounds that are treated with Mepilex are:
- Burns (for preventing infection)
- Pressure ulcers (with signs of local infection)
- Leg ulcers (with signs of local infection)
Main benefits of Mepilex Ag:
- Minimises pain and skin damage at dressing changes
- Effect of silver up to 7 days
- Very soft and comfortable to wear
- Can remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound