Home Tags Posts tagged with "Pain Management"
I wish I had a chill-pill for all you stress monsters, especially in these crazy times. I’d probably pop a few myself. Alas, most of us could do with fewer vices and more good old fashioned relaxation. Remember, you are no good to anyone unless you’re good to yourself.
Allegro’s Most Popular Stress Relievers
1. Snappy Spa - Oh boy, are you going to love this . . . your own portable spa. Accommodates up to 4 adults comfortably. Put it on your deck, patio or even inside your house, cabin or apartment. Simply snap connectors together and plug it into a regular outlet. You’ll have your own thermostatically controlled spa (80 to 104 degrees F) at a fraction of the cost of a traditional hot tub. Insulated for maximum heat retention. Yippeee!!
2. ergoBeads Hand Exerciser & Stress Ball - A stress ball for the stress ball. Sometimes you just need something to hold onto, right? In fact, doing something physical often gets your mind off your worries. For $6 bucks its worth it to find out. If nothing else, you’ll have a stronger hand.
3. Body Back Buddy - No one to give you back rubbies? Do it yourself with this crazy looking contraption. Hey, with 11 therapy knobs, you’ll surely hit the spot. Designed after years of feedback from massage therapists, chiropractors and physical therapists your Back Buddy may just end up to be your best buddy when it comes to relaxing.
4. Hand Rollers – For Cutaneous Stimulation – Use the large roller for broad areas to help your body deal with stress, increased blood flow, stiff joints, sore muscles, back & neck pain and headaches. The small one is for your face, ears, between the fingers & toes. Stimulates the meridian or acupuncture points on the body.
5. Dr. Riter’s Real-Ease Neck & Shoulder Relaxer - I haven’t tried this product yet, but it’s selling like crazy and getting great reviews. It is a patented, scientifically contoured headrest designed to let you deeply relax. Kick back and use it for 10 to 15 minutes a day. Forced relaxation… Sign me up!
6. Eye Pillow with ergoBeads- Again with the ergoBeads. Freeze it for headaches and sinus relief. Or how about wearing it during your 10 minutes on Dr. Riter’s Neck & Shoulder Relaxer? Huh? Huh? That’s what I call doubly relaxing. Want silk? Try Dr. Riter’s Silk Eye Pillow
7. Spine Worx Back Support Alignment System - This is more of a back pain reliever than a total stress reliever, but if you’re like me, you carry your stress in your lower back and neck. The Spine Worx definately works out the kinks. It’s all about proper alignment. I have one of these actually. It feels weird and not very comfortable at first, but you get used to it quickly and it feels like heaven. Another very popular product.
8. Travel Wal-Pil-O – If you travel a lot, this 4-in-1 cervical pillow will make your trips a whole lot more comfortable. Properly aligns and supports your neck whether you’re a side-sleeper or a back sleeper. Read Bed Check for Better Sleep for more ideas.
9. Fitball Stress Buster Ball - Be careful not to say it wrong… Okay, so, if you move around on this knobby ball it gives you a massage! You can improve circulation, reduce stress and relax muscles at the same time. Just lean against the wall with the ball sandwiched in the middle and move around until you feel your muscles relax. Outstanding!
10. Allegro Medical Lomi-Lomi Massager- Bring out the big guns baby and have yourself a REAL massage with Allegro’s own Lomi-Lomi. Maintenance free and economical, this will keep the whole family in a state of bliss.
See All Stress Relievers in our Shop by Condition area. If you’re looking for some other kinds of relief, check out our Sexual Well-Being area.
We wish you the best in your quest for relaxation. For the latest advice in stress relief therapy read Managing Stress: Practical Advice from a Pro. Not sure if you’re stressed? Take the Stress Test!
Thanks for being an Allegro customer. Take care! -v
Back pain relief is tricky. First there is the business of reducing or eliminating the back pain. Then there are products to prevent the pain from coming back, and if all else fails there are aids to make daily life less painful for those living with chronic back pain.
Allegro Medical sells thousands of products and remedies designed to relieve, treat or prevent back pain. Some products listed below are for those currently suffering from back pain, others are designed simply to reduce back stress for caregivers while moving and caring for patients.
Note: Back pain is so pervasive and its causes so varied that there is no simple answer on how to manage it. I highly recommend that you consult your doctor or see a chiropractor in your quest for relief. You may need a series of adjustments and/or some targeted exercises to eliminate or ease your back pain.
Popular Back Pain Relief Products
Snappy Spa – The newest portable spa on the market, from the makers of the super popular inflatable Spa2Go Portable Whirlpool. Snappy Spa is even better because it’s snappy! Connectors snap together with no special tools and it is insulated for maximum heat retention. Talk about back pain relief! You can use this personal, portable spa anywhere. Fits 4 adults. Get Free UPS Ground Shipping, for a limited time. Order today!
See all Relaxation Products
Kinesio Tape - The effectiveness of this tape is proven to relieve all kinds of pain, including back pain, but only if applied properly. Rather than strapping your muscles, the philosophy of Kinesio Tape is to give free range of motion and allow the body’s muscular system to heal itself bio-mechanically. Read more about Kinesio Tape in What the Heck is Kinesio Tape and why is Olympic Gold Medalist Kerri Walsh Wearing it?
See all Kineso Related Products
Coccyx Cushion - Relieve your painful tailbone with one of our most popular products ever. The coccyx cushion has a cut-out at the back, thereby reducing pressure on the spine and coccyx while sitting. It can be used with most any seat at home, work or in the car.
See all Coccyx Cushions and Seat and Back Cushions
Hinged Elevated Toilet Seat - Raises the toilet seat by 3″ to help you get on and off. Great for arthritis sufferers, back pain, knee or hip pain.
See all Raised Toilet Seats and Bathroom Assists
Biofreeze – For fast-acting long-lasting relief of minor aches and back pains. Contains ILEX, an herbal extract from South America used around the world in various health & wellness formulations. Contains no waxes, oils, aloe or petroleum.
See all Performance Health Products and Over-the-Counter (OTC) Back Pain Relievers
ColPaC Cold Therapy Cushions - Available in shapes and sizes for all body parts, these ColPaCs are great for temporary relief of back pain. Simply chill in the freezer and apply. You can use them over and over.
Thermotex Infrared Heating Pad – TTS Platinum- The mother of all heating pads for back pain, infrared pad uses a deep heat therapy system to increase ciculation and promote increased blood flow. We just got this Platinum Thermotex back in stock and they are super popular. Get ‘em while they’re hot… (I know, I know…)
See all Thermotex Products, Heat / Heating Pads and Hot/Cold Therapy
Confused about Hot or Cold Therapy? Read Arthritis Pain – Which is Best, Heat or Ice?
Deluxe Flexible Sock and Stocking Aid- Is your back pain making it hard to get dressed? Don’t lose your independence. Try one of our dressing aids.
Back Massagers - Relieve muscle tension and minor back aches with these soothing, invigorating massage products. Many choices!
SafetySure Transfer Pivot Disk – Caregivers, listen up. You must take care of yourself before you can take care of others. Ensure you are both safe during patient transfers and avoid painful back injuries with this transfer pivot disk.
See all Transfer Boards and Discs, Transfer Devices and Mobility Transfer Products
Specialty Pillows - Back pain is easily caused or made worse by your sleeping habits. Find relief in our large selection of pillows and get a great night’s sleep. If you’re looking to reduce lower back pain and you are a side sleeper, I recommend getting a Leg Wedge Pillow as well.
Bedridden? Take a look at our bed positioners and wedges
Cervical Traction Devices – Often used to relieve pinched nerves, these home traction sets are very popular and highly rated for reducing back and neck pain.
Intelect TENS Unit - This portable, battery-operated TENs device is “used for the symptomatic relief and management of chronic pain and acute post-surgical or post-trauma pain”. That’s a mouthful, but essentially it zaps your muscles with stimulating pulses that temporarily interrupt pain.
See all Electrotherapy Products
Shoe Insoles and Heel Cups – Help relieve pain in your feet, ankles, knees, hips and back.
Abdominal Binders and Hernia Support - Support for your back, belly and nether regions. See also Maternity Supports and Allegro’s Bariatric Back Support.
Anti-Fatigue Mats - Do you have back pain and fatigue from standing all day? Get a cushy floor mat. I have two of them in my kitchen. I can cook for hours!
Still not finding your back pain remedy? See all 300+ Back Pain Relief Products in our Shop by Condition area. And please remember that Exercise and Fitness play a big role in reducing back pain. It may help if you strengthen your core.
See your doctor before starting any exercise program or if you have questions or concerns about any back pain remedy.
As always, thanks for your business.
Looking for a quick fix for your headache? Get in line. It is no wonder headache cures and remedies are so sought after. Headaches are rampant – some worse than others, caused by hundreds of reasons from bad posture to pollution to vitamin deficiencies.
The good news is, headaches can usually be eliminated without drugs.
Instead of popping a pill when you get a headache, your best bet for getting rid of them for good is to determine the cause. As in life, if you fix the source of your problems then all your headaches go away, right?
Headache Causes and Remedies
Teeth Grinding and Jaw Clenching
Super Calcium Magnesium – 250 tablets – Check with your doctor or dentist, but often times Calcium and Magnesium tablets, taken at bedtime, can eliminate your jaw clenching and headaches. Have your calcium/magnesium levels checked however, because high calcium could actually be the cause of your migraine or cluster headaches. If you need just Magnesium to stem your headaches, try Magnesium Oxide tablets. If you have muscle cramps (night time leg cramps), menstrual cramps, fatigue, constipation, heart palpitations, insomnia and/or anxiety, you may have a magnesium deficiency. Regulate the dosage if the magnesium causes diarrhea.
See all Vitamins
AcuBead Headache Beads – Acupressure Strips - Easily applied at home.
The Original Backnobber II- If you can’t remove your source of tension, at least give yourself a deep muscle massage with the Backnobber II. Find your pressure points to relieve muscle tension and get the blood flowing again. Bye-bye headache.
See all Pressure Positive Massagers
See more Tension Headache Relief Products
Neckpro Cervical Traction Device- One of our most popular products, the Neckpro home cervical traction device is used to relieve, among other things, tension headaches associated with back, shoulder and neck pain, fibromyalgia and whiplash.
See more Home Traction Sets
Stress and Anxiety
Spa-N-A-Box Portable Spa - Nothing relieves a stress induced headache faster than a nice soak in the spa – in your own house! This portable home spa with air-jets soothes and relaxes at a fraction of the cost of traditional hot tubs. Super popular.
See all Stress Reduction Products
Bad Sleeping Habits
D-Core Pillow – Restores the natural curvature of your neck and upper spine. The wrong pillow, or too many pillows, will put your neck in a bind and throw your alignment off. That can cause a major headache. Headaches are also caused by not getting a good night’s sleep due to sleep apnea and snoring.
See all Pillows
See all Snoring Products
Eye Pillow with ergoBeads – Conforms to your face and eyes, blocks the light and provides cool relief (when frozen) without the shock of ice or gel packs. Sinus headaches melt away with this eye pillow. Great for travel.
See all Sinus Headache Products
Thermophore Automatic Moist Heat Pack – Stop the cramps and the headache follows suit. Moist heat almost always helps.
See all Menstrual Pain Products
When I can’t pinpoint the exact cause of my headache I usually determine that I’m dehydrated. Dehydration headaches are very common and a few glasses of water can often cure a nagging headache. Try it!
When worse comes to worse, I pop a couple Headache Relief Tablets or other Over the Counter Pain Relievers, although for me this is a last resort.
Shop our Headache Products “Shop by Condition” category for even more headache cures and pain management products.
A word about Migraines. Migraine headaches may have different causes (usually chemical) than run-of-the-mill ones and we recommend you see a doctor if you believe you are experiencing migraines. Symptoms are intense throbbing pain, usually on one side of the head, sensitivity to light and nausea. See our Shop By Condition page for Migraine Headache Products.
Here’s to a clear and pain free head! Have a healthy day and as always, thanks for your business.
Stock up and save on a wide selection of cold and flu products from AllegroMedical.com this season. The H1N1 virus may be in your area, but our Swine Flu protection products can help slow the spread and prevent contraction of the virus. If you end up with the flu, our H1N2 flu remedies can make you more comfy.
How do you know you have the flu versus a cold?
You know you have the flu when you get sick suddenly, have a fever, headache, chills, muscle aches and fatigue. You also may have a dry cough, sore throat and nasal congestion. It will hit you like a ton of bricks, and if left untreated you could suffer for up to 10 days. Best to get a flu shot and try to avoid it. Remember to eliminate or avoid contact with people as soon as you start feeling flu symptoms, and remain indoors for at least 24 hours after your fever has passed to avoid spreading the virus.
You know you have a cold if you get sick gradually. You will probably not have a fever. Muscle aches will likely be minor if at all, but you might have congestion, a sore throat and a cough with mucus. Most likely you’ll be sick for less than a week.
H1N1 Swine Flu Product Recommendations
60-Second Digital Thermometer, Fahrenheit- Fever is a tell-tale sign that you have the flu versus the common cold. Check for fever quickly and acturately with this digital thermometer. Use Thermometer Probe Covers for extra sanitation and germ control. Here at Allegro, we use the Single-Use Clinical Thermometers to check the temperatures of any employees who may be coming down with the flu. These thermometers are disposable and very handy this flu season for schools and businesses.
See all Thermometers
Over-the-Counter (OTC) Flu Remedies – Feel better with Mucinex, Nasal Sprays, fever reducers and pain relievers like Ibuprofin, Tri-Buffered Asprin and Acetaminophen, cough syrups, zinc lozenges and more.
See all OTC Medications
See all Cold and Flu Products
Hot/Cold Therapy Wrap – Chill or heat the removable gel pack and then insert it into the pocket on this versatile scarf-like therapy product for quick relief of headaches and muscle aches. Also great for sprains, strains, swelling and other minor problems. Just wrap, tie and relax.
See all Pain Relief Products
Cool Care Comfort System Chillow Pak - Two cooling pillows – one for use inside your pillow case and the other cools anywhere from both sides. Perfect fever relief. Also great for hot flashes and night sweats.
Emergen-C- Super popular energy booster. 32 mineral complexes, antioxidants and other micro-nutrients plus 1000mgs of Vitamin C as 7 mineral ascorbates. Rev up your immune system while you’re waiting for that flu shot. Non-caffinated. How about Emergen-C Kidz for the Kids?
See all Emergen-C
H1N1 Protection and Swine Flu Prevention Products
N95 Respirator Masks with Free Iso-Tek Ear-Loop Masks – Get 70 masks for the price of 20 with this special offer. Affordable disposable protection against the H1N1 Virus. Meets or exceeds the CDC and WHO recommendations for flu prevention.
N95 Particulate Respirator Mask with Vent - Box of 10. Our most popular mask this flu season. Adjustable nose piece and inner foam provide a custom seal for different facial sizes.
See all Swine Flu Products. Find Hospital Grade H1N1 Flu Products including Gloves, Hand Sanitizers, Masks / Respiratory Products, and Surface Disinfectants from major brands.
Note: Help your community common areas, schools and businesses prepare for the H1N1 Flu virus by having the proper medical supplies on hand. Forward this buyers guide information to those who are in charge of purchasing and preparedness!
Getting older is a blessing, for sure, but even longevity has its price. Creaky, sore joints. Sometimes when I stand up I sound like an old rocking chair making a bag of popcorn. And how about when it rains, or your hands get cold and you can barely bend your fingers? For some, these are just minor aches and pains, but for others they are the result of Osteoarthritis, or Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD) – the most common type of arthritis. There are many types of arthritis, some more debilitating than others.
Did you know that arthritis affects millions of Americans after the age 50 and women are more often effected by arthritis?
Arthritis is caused when the cartilage in the joint deteriorates over time, causing bones to rub against each other which causes stiffness, pain and loss of movement in the joint. Arthritis typically affects weight bearing joints such as hands, hips, knees and the spine. Unfortunately, there is no “cure” for arthritis, though there are many treatments and products that can relieve pain.
Here is a list of Allegro’s customers’s favorite arthritis remedies, arthritis aides and arthritis pain relief products.
10 Most Popular Arthritis Products
1. Biofreeze – The Biofreeze 4 oz Tube, Biofreeze Roll-on 3 oz , Biofreeze Spray and Biofreez Gel Pump all make on the first page of our Arthritis Products Page and gets very high ratings so it must be good. It is a long lasting topical analgesic & pain reliever that contains ILEX, an herbal extract from South America. See all Biofreeze.
2. Car Caddie Helping Hand – Need a little help getting in and out of the car? This is made just for you. Super popular and highly rated, we’ve sold thousands. Even works to help get kids in and out of your SUV or pickup. Also in the Top 10, a similar product called the Handybar 3 in 1 Car Aid. 5 star rating!
3.Neckpro Cervical Traction Device - At-home traction for relief of neck pain. Uses a unique ratcheting device that delivers a more precise amount of cervical traction tension than the old conventional overdoor neck traction systems. Similar to what you would experience in a clinical setting.
4. Arthritis Gloves- Made of soft breathable cotton lycra, these gloves provide mild compression that warms your hands and helps increase circulation. Open fingertips for full freedom. Wear day or night. For edema, try the Norco Edema Glove that provides compression past your wrist.
5. UpEasy Lifting Cushion – Converts any chair into an automatic lift chair that will lift 80% of your body weight. Adjusts for various weights. Easily transportable with built-in handle.
6. Bamboo Shower Seat and Bath Bench- Its compact triangle shape fits into the shower stall or bathtub and it looks great! Made of eco-friendly bamboo, a 100% renewable resource. Height adjustable, with slip-resistant rubber tipped legs.
7. Light Relief Light Therapy- One of Allegro’s top products for several years now, this light therapy device emits energy in the infrared spectrum to provide topical warmth. A natural alternative to pain medication, the Light Relief eases arthritis pain and stiffness. Includes a travel bag.
8. Thermophore Moist Heat Pack - Moist heat is most often recommended by doctors. Why? Because moisture transfers the high heat deeper into tissues than ordinary dry heat pads providing temporary relief from rheumatic and arthritic pain. Increased blood flow is als a result of moist heat, which can relieve inflamed joints and help maintain flexibility. The heating pad draws moisture from the air and requires no water. Includes soft flannel cover. Also see the highly rated Thermophore Arthritis Pad.
9. Cando Gel Hand Exercise Balls - Recommended for arthritis, these exerise balls are used to help grip, strength, dexterity and mobility, as well as fine and gross motor skills. Can be microwaved or put in the freezer. Very soothing.
10. Spa-N-A-Box Portable Spa – A super economical way to have your own above-ground spa. Soothes arthritis pain for hours. Sets up on about 20 minutes and plugs into a regular household outlet. Put it on your patio, deck, on your boat or even in your c0ndo or apartment! Quiet operation. Seats 4 or 5 people.
BONUS: The Freedom Wand – Toilet Tissue Aid
See hundreds of arthritis products including braces, supports, over-the-counter remedies and medications, daily living aids, bed wedges, pillows, canes and much more in Shop By Condition: Arthritis.
So, there are those of us who get our summer exercise by dusting off the shuttlecock for an occasional game of badminton, and then there are those other freaks (oops), er, folks whose idea of exercise is training for a triathlon or marathon. Either way, sports injuries are common among fair weather exercisers and elite athlete alike.
Whatever gets you moving . . . congratulations! Seriously. Any exercise is beneficial as long as you are working to your fitness level and doing it ’right’.
Alas, nobody’s perfect and we sometimes hurt ourselves. Here are some products designed specifically for the prevention and treatment of sports injuries.
Injury Prevention Products
Stretching. The most common sports injuries are caused by not stretching your muscles before exercise. The ProStretch and ProStretch Doubleare among our most popular products, and for good reason. They reduce your risk of injury, improve lower extremity strength, balance, proprioception and flexibility. Plus they make your legs look and feel fantastic.
See all ProStretch and Stretch-Rite
Agility. This 101 Agility Drills book will guide you through the routines to help you stop, start and change direction of the body rapidly and in a controlled manner. Coaches and athletes, listen up. It’s not too early to prepare for fall sports. Agility training will prevent injuries and give you a leg up on the competition. Some agility products include the Dot Drill Mat, Agility Dots, Agility Rings, Agility Ladder, Running Parachute and Stackable Steps.
Flexibility. Get on the Ball! I promise that flexibility will be yours if you consistently work out on the ball. We have many brands and sizes to fit every budget and every exercise goal. Get a FitBall Exercise DVD for overall fitness, the Strength Training on the Ball Book to get even stronger, or how about a Pilates on the Ball DVD for a great workout and (for me) a lot of laughs.
Balance. Shop our huge selection of balance products. I can’t stress enough how good balance will change your life. No matter how old you are, you can improve your balance. Read 21 Reasons to Improve your Balance.
See all Exercise/Fitness Products
Injury Treatment Products
Cold Packs. Keep one in your freezer at all times for aches, pains, sports injuries and muscle pulls (or to wrap around something in the cooler on the way to the picnic). Always put a layer of dry terry towels between you and the ColPac!
Not sure when to use heat or ice? Read Arthritis Pain – Which is Best, Heat or Ice?
See all Hot/Cold Therapy
Spa Therapy. Bubble your troubles away. Yes, it’s true. You can have a portable whirlpool spa right in your house, or on your patio, or in your backyard – at a fraction of the cost of a traditional hot tub.
Treat all your sore muscle aches & pains with products from Allegro’s Muscle Pain Category.
Wound Care. Hey booboos happen, even to adults. Be prepared for cuts and scrapes with first aid kits, bandages, dressings, gauze & prep pads. We have it all in our Wound Care Category.
Therapeutic Bands and Braces. These brilliant little gizmos absorb shock and support your tendons so you can relieve your pain and still live your life. See our popular products for knee injuries and elbow/forearm support.
Shin Supports. These wraps alleviate shin splints and relieve calf & muscle pain. Too bad we didn’t have these around when we were running concrete stairs and bleachers in high school. Good times.
Ankle Supports. Ankle and foot injuries happen all the time. Check out our Ankle/Foot Orthotics products if you are having ankle pain, weak ankles or just need support for your feet. We have lots of specialized insoles and heel cups, ankle braces, splints and supports and products to relieve the pain of plantar fasciitis.
Back Supports. These are used for both prevention and treatment of back pain and injury. Choose from traditional back supports, abdominal binders, posture aids, hernia splints and more.
See all Orthopedic Products and sort by popularity, price or product name.
Arthritis is said to be the most common form of disability. But what exactly is arthritis? Well, it’s not just one thing. Arthritis, as a term, encompasses more than 100 medical conditions including back pain, carpal tunnel syndrom, fibromyalgia, gout and lyme disease. The common thread is that all these conditions affect your joints.
Although the most common form of arthritis, osteoarthritis, is prevalent in people over 60, arthritis can start as early as infancy. Tens of millions of adults and hundreds of thousands of children in the U.S. have it.
So, that said, what can you do to ease your pain, joint stiffness and inflmmation? The common theme seems to be warmth, although many swear by glucosamine.
Allegro’s Top 10 Arthritis Products
1. Arthritis Gloves – 4.5 out of 5 stars! Designed to provide mild compression, warmth and increased circulation, this special gloves help relieve aches and pains from arthritis in your hands. Wear them all day and night if you like. Good for cold hands, hand fatigue or other types of hand and wrist pain too.
See All Arthritis Gloves and Hand Warmers.
2. Light Relief Light Therapy - A topical heating device that uses infrared light to create warmth. It’s totally silent and it helps increase circulation and relieve pain and stiffness wherever and whenever you need it. My 95-yr old grammy swears by it. Comes with a money-back guarantee and a 2-year warranty. Oh, and a travel case too.
3. Spa-N-A-Box Portable Spa – How about having a whirlpool spa right in your home? Or on your patio, deck, back yard, or boat? This spa sets up in 20 minutes and provides, you guessed it, warmth for sore joints and chronic pain. Soothe your whole body at a fraction of a cost of other units. Psssst. It’s fun too! See also our new AromaSteam Portable Steam Sauna.
4. Kneed-It Therapeutic Knee Guard - Scientifically designed to relieve minor knee pain associated with arthritis, tendonitis and chondromalacia by placing placing pressure, concentrated compression and warmth across the soft tissue in front of the knee.
See All Knee Straps and Wraps.
5. Flexall 454 Maximum Strength Pain Relieving Gel – One of our customers says he would “have trouble without this product” . Ideal for long-lasting relief of arthritis pain, mustcle strains, sprains, bursitis and tendonitis.
6. Paraffin Bath – Professional Grade Warm Bath Spa - I love using this product. It’s like having a professional spa manicure and pedicure at home. Plus it relieves arthritis pain and stiffness in your hands, feet and elbows. Why? Because paraffin wax has a very high heat capacity and when it coats your limbs, it transfers that heat to you. Pure heaven. Here’s also the Paraffin Heat System.
7. Thermophore Arthritis Pad - It’s the moist heat pad that doctors recommend most. Produces intense moist heat without adding water. The new four-stage therapy switch provides optimum 20-minute treatments. Hands free!
8. Emercen-C Joint Health Formula – Nothing loosens my joints better than glucosamine with chondroitin. I don’t know how it works, but it makes me feel loose as a goose. Without it, I crump up… quick. Stiff back, knees and fingers… My doc says I must have some arthritis in there. Try it for a week and see. See All Glucosamine Products.
9. Biofreeze Roll-On 3 oz. – Squirt it on, right where you need it. Fast relief for arthritis, neck pain, back pain, sore muscles and more. 3 oz roll-on is perfect for travel or the office.
See All Biofreeze Products.
10. Salonpas Pain Relieving Patch - Apply a patch to your neck or shoulders for temporary relief of stiffness and tightness. The active ingredients quickly penetrate into your bloodstream to provide spot on, effective pain relief.
See All Arthritis Products.
So you see, warmth really seems to be the key to loosening those joints and to make you move and feel better. For more information, read “Arthritis Pain – Heat or Ice?”
I’ve been nickle and dime-ing my bedroom for years, chasing an image of the perfect, snuggly sleeping chamber. A dark shade here, a humidifier there, wave sounds, soothing colors… but a recent lower back problem pushed me to take a comprehensive look at the bed itself. Needless to say, I have a new bed . . . and mattress. . . pillows . . . and, okay, well, pretty much everything. Hey, don’t we spend, like, a third of our lives in bed? So, anyway.
The way I see it, whether you’re prone to crappy sleep or ‘just okay’ sleep, we all can improve our odds by optimzing our beds for snoozing. We also have lots of products for those who spend most or all of their time in bed. Read on . . .
BED CHECKLIST FOR BETTER SLEEP
Get a bed that’s big enough. You and your bedmates (pets included) need room to stretch and flop. Can’t afford a new bed? Put a Want Ad out to your local Freecycle group and get one for free! I just used Freecycle to find a home for my King Simmons Beautyrest mattress. It felt so good to give it directly to someone who really needed it. Get and give. Makes the world go around.
Your Mattress. If you feel like you’re sleeping in a fluffy canoe, then your bed might be too soft. On the other hand, if there is no give at all, your mattress is essentially flattening the normal curve of your spine and it is too firm. Too soft, get a new mattress. Too firm, add a topper.
Here’s what I found when buying a new mattress: Ignore the brands. They try to confuse you with all these fancy names and crap and I’ve heard that Leggett and Platt makes all the innerds for the big name mattresses anyway. Who wants to spend thousands of dollars on a mattress? Don’t buy on price or you’ll get royally scammed.
Don’t get caught up in coil counts either, or stats. It’s all sales voodoo. Go for what feels comfortable to you. I go for firm, but that’s because of my cranky back.
Pillowtops are expensive, but alluring. Before getting sucked in, remember that they are pretty much a massive rip-off because really they are just layers of foam sewn onto the top of your mattress. Save yourself hundreds of dollars and re-create the effect with an egg-crate mattress pad or memory foam overlay. We sell a ton of them. Note: I love sleeping on memory foam and I even have a memory foam pillow, but when you first buy it, it smells horrible. The odor goes away after a few nights though. Trust me. I nearly threw the dang stuff out.
Ignore mattress thickness. Thick mattresses are not any better or worse than thin mattresses as long as you have innersprinig coils and the right comfort level for you. You can get the same effect without the extra padding on top of the innerspring. Besides, thick mattresses are heavy to carry, require special deep sheets and often times are so high that they hide your headboard.
Box springs are also unnecessary except to raise the mattress. Consider a platform bed frame or just put your mattress directly on the floor. I’ve done both with great success. In fact, I haven’t had a box spring since I don’t remember when.
Bottom line when mattress shopping: Buy the cheapest most comfortable mattress you can find. The rest is all marketing hype.
What about specialty beds? If you like to read, relax or lounge in bed, or if you are bedridden, you will want to take a look at Allegro’s Flex-A-Bed line of adjustable beds and flexible mattresses. They come in every size, they’re super affordable and they can be completely customized.
Or, on the cheap, you can fake an adjustable bed using an elevating leg rest and a bed wedge. Brilliant!
If you are have trouble getting in and out of bed, or you are bedridden, incontinent, or elderly, here are some other products to consider: Bed Rails, Bedpads, Mattress Covers, Pressure Reduction, Trapeze and Bedside Tables.
For hospital beds, we carry specially designed hospital sheet sets and semi-fitted top sheets.
For everything, see our entire Beds or Shop by Category in Bedridden or Insomnia.
And finally, here’s a major topic that deserves equal but separate consideration: Pillows!! Read Why Your Pillow is Gross and How to Pick a New One.
Nighty night. Sleep tight. Don’t let the bedbugs bite.
psssst… (whisper)…. thanks for buying your stuff from AllegroMedical.com.
Developed as a sports-medicine tape to aid athletes, Kinesiologers are quickly finding other uses for the miracle, adhesive backed cloth. From fuselage repairs to saving national monuments, the only question now is what can’t Kinesio tape do?
Got a picture of Kinesio tape in action saving the world? Send it in and it might make the next edition of the Daily Kinesio Report: Submit your picture via email to Kinesio@AllegroMedical.com today. One weekly winner will receive a roll of genuine Kinesio tape.
Last year I lost my beloved German Shepherd, Lady, after 14 years. I had rescued her at 9 months old, and she was my constant companion.
Because of the abuse, neglect, and poor nutrition she suffered in those early months, she was diagnosed early, at the age of 6, with Osteo-Arthritis and Degenerative Bone Disease. I began treating her with acupuncture right away and administering Glucosamine, in an effort to relieve her pain, before resorting to prescription medications. By the time she reached 11 or 12 years old it was necessary to begin a prescription anti-inflammatory drug.
Then, at age 13, Lady developed Cushing’s disease, a condition that creates an overproduction of cortisone by the adrenal glands, causing lethargy, muscle wasting, and weakness. When she was diagnosed with the Cushing’s, the prescription drug had to be stopped, as it could have worsened her condition, but the Glucosamine alone was no longer enough. The acupuncture helped quite a bit, but by the 5th or 6th week, she was struggling again.
Several people, including Lady’s acupuncturist, had told me how they were having positive results with light therapy and maybe I should give it a try. I searched on-line until I found a Light Relief unit at AllegroMedical.com. It came with a 30 day, money back guarantee, so I felt I had nothing to lose. I was amazed at the results! I purposely stopped her Glucosamine so I would know whether or not she was getting the relief she needed.
I used the unit consistently every day, leaving it on for the maximum amount of time, and placing it on each area that was affected by arthritis. One day, as I was standing in the kitchen washing dishes, Lady walked down the hallway from my bedroom, and greeted me in the kitchen. I thought at first that my son had helped her up, but when I called out his name to ask him, he wasn’t even in the house! In less than a week of consistent treatments, she was picking herself up and walking better than she had in months. Before the treatments, I was helping her both to get up and to walk, using a towel to support her. After the treatments, we even took a couple of short walks together, and several times, she attempted to dance with me again.
I know that she realized the Light Relief unit was helping her, because she never resisted a treatment. And, on the days that she felt really good, she would push the unit off with her nose to let me know that it wasn’t necessary that day. I really believe that using the light treatment improved her quality of life tremendously in her remaining months, and I have told all of my friends and clients how miraculous this product is.
Just a few months before I discovered the Light Relief therapy, I became afflicted with Plantar Fasciitis, a foot condition that occurs when the foot muscles tighten, in my case, from falling arches. The heel becomes inflamed and it can result in excruciating pain. After seeing how well it was working for Lady, I decided to try it on my Plantar Fasciitis, which is one of the conditions the Light Relief unit is recommended for. As I placed my foot on the unit and waited, I could actually feel the swelling and discomfort subside. Again, I was consistent with my treatments and today, my feet feel great. I continue to recommend the Light Relief unit to anyone who is suffering themselves, or who has an animal that might be in pain, because I am so grateful that I was able to help her live out her remaining months with less pain and a better quality of life.
With Great Gratitude,
Judy Jackson – Arvada, CO
Please visit my website at:
The Allegro family sends a big hug to Judy for sharing her story — and a smooch for being such a great Allegro customer. xxxooo
Allegro’s office is pet-friendly so we were thrilled that we could help Lady lead a more independent life. Andy Judy too! Get your own Light Relief Light Therapy along with all of your medical supplies at AllegroMedical.com.
Are You an Allegro Fan?
If you have a story about how an Allegro product helped you or someone you care for, we’d love to hear it. Please email up to 500 words to Valerie Paxton at vpaxton (at) allegromedical (dot) com. All submissions will be considered. Have a great day!
12Next Page 1 of 2